GT: Royals @ Sox, 7:10, CSN

LittleHurt05

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen most of this game but it appears as if Guthrie actually has some good stuff tonight.

I know it's going to be hard to get a legit answer here(since he's usually god awful) but has he thrown the ball well today or has it just been bad ab's from our hitters?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 09:25 PM)
Rios has a bad back, and there's a lot of games you can always look back at as season changers. This series wouldn't even be close to some of the worse losses on the year.

The Astro's series at home, the cubs series at home.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 09:25 PM)
Rios has a bad back, and there's a lot of games you can always look back at as season changers. This series wouldn't even be close to some of the worse losses on the year.

It wont? Getting shutdown by Chen and Guthrie? Give me a break. And I am sure Rios could go if asked. He has an off day tomorrow.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 02:26 AM)
I haven't seen most of this game but it appears as if Guthrie actually has some good stuff tonight.

I know it's going to be hard to get a legit answer here but has he thrown the ball well today or has it been bad ab's from our hitters?

He's pitched great tonight. Command has been perfect. With that said, lots of hitters in the Sox lineup that are just really easy outs right now. Dunn specifically has had atrocious at bats.

Edited by fathom

The guys just look lazy to me, they show up from the start unready to play. Thats what it looks like to me. Maybe they're missing some competitive fire in the clubhouse, or maybe the manager is not motivating them enough.

remember when A.J. had to yell "Let's hit this piece of s***!", and then they started hitting?

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 09:26 PM)
They need to sweep Oakland this weekend to get the taste of a Royal series loss out of their mouths.

Gotta find a way.

Not gonna happen. Iwouldnt be surprised if the A's take 2 of 3.

Edited by Caesar

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 02:29 AM)
The guys just look lazy to me, they show up from the start unready to play. Thats what it looks like to me. Maybe they're missing some competitive fire in the clubhouse, or maybe the manager is not motivating them enough.

Early in the game, it was obvious they were flat tonight. Something just seemed off, and I think we really miss Rios' presence in the lineup. His swagger at the plate has been amazing of late.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 02:31 AM)
Dunn could hit .150 with a .280OBP and he won't shake from the 3 hole. They are going to hope that he just figures it out again.

And he also gets to play nearly every game no matter what