AJ Pierzynski Deserves Lifetime Sox Contract

greg775

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (YASNY @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 08:41 AM)
The reason Robin won't have 25 years with same club as manager is the fact that it RARELY HAPPENS, maybe never happens unless you own the club like Connie Mack did. Step and look at what you are saying. It's simply illogical and unreasonable.

So what you are saying is there's a chance.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 05:57 PM)
There have been 674 managers in MLB history.

At the end of this year Dusty Baker will become the 23rd manager to have managed 20 or more years.

Only 10 have managed 25 or more.

Only 5 have manged the same team for 20 or more.

Only 3 have managed the same team for 25 or more.

Of the currently active managers the one with the most years as a manager is Jim Leyland with 21.

Of the currently active managers the one with the most years with the same team is Mike Scioscia with 12.

Simply put, history is not on your side.

I've said over and over IF ROBIN WANTS TO, he'll be our manager the next couple decades. I concede he may not want to.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 02:44 PM)

I've said over and over IF ROBIN WANTS TO, he'll be our manager the next couple decades. I concede he may not want to.

Hypothetically, let's say the White Sox never make the playoffs under Robin. It would be unfortunate, but it's feasible. Do you really think that JR would not fire him because he's a "legend"?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 02:44 PM)

Yes, there is a small chance, but it's not entirely up to Robin either. It's mostly up to the ownership. Whoever that may be in the next couple decades.

I'm sure back in 2005 a lot of people didn't envision Ozzie leaving the way he did either. Things change.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 04:18 PM)
I think we need a good four to five more pages covering whether or not Robin will manage 25 years with the White Sox. Only then will we really get to the bottom of this.

:lolhitting couldnt agree more. Anyways back to this AJ situation. Realistic he gets a lifetime contract? no. Come on I love AJ and used to be one of his biggest haters as well. He has done alot for the orgainization, but has played for a division rival in the Twins and also for the Giants as well. This is ridiculous to think he would get this contract. He may get 2 more years for 6-10 mil per year just because he is great this year. Seriously though lets get off he D*** and realize he did still play for the Twins and this will not happen for the alone. He has been wearing black and white for 8 years I believe. That is not worthy of the contract either. Honestly there are maybe 3 athletes I can think of that would deserve this. Mo Rivera, Tom Brady and actually thats all I can think of at this point in time.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 04:18 PM)
I think we need a good four to five more pages covering whether or not Robin will manage 25 years with the White Sox. Only then will we really get to the bottom of this.

Nah. We really need the thread police to show up and unleash their superior intellect on everyone.