GT 8/14: CHW @ TOR, 6:07pm CT

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 08:24 PM)
At some point, you have to get outs from someone other than Crain and Myers. In other words, Thornton has to be used in this situation.

Incorrect. We have Myers, Crain, Reed. More than most teams.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Caesar @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 08:24 PM)
Monday morning QB? What are you talking about? Pretty much everyone on here prays they dont put Matt in. We don't need more than one set up man neither. Most teams have one. We have 2. Myers and Crain. Myers threw 3 pitches.

Crain can't pitch every day. 3 innings a week tops if you want him to last he rest of the year..

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 01:26 AM)
Just got home. Matt Thornton is just terrible right now.

I agree he hasn't been good at all, but the guy gave up one hit. It's not the end of the world. He also got 2 outs. Cut him a little bit of slack. If not him, then who? I know I don;t wanna see guys like Jones or Septimo in that situation, so unless you want to go with Veal, you have no choice. He may not be ideal anymore, but he is the best we have.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
I agree he hasn't been good at all, but the guy gave up one hit. It's not the end of the world. He also got 2 outs. Cut him a little bit of slack. If not him, then who? I know I don;t wanna see guys like Jones or Septimo in that situation, so unless you want to go with Veal, you have no choice. He may not be ideal anymore, but he is the best we have.

I would rather see Veal out there. He impressed me when he was called up earlier.

QUOTE (OldSmoky2 @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)
It is not worse than when Ozzie was here. Thornton gets paid well to pitch the 8th, mostly. On the other hand, I don't deny getting really jittery when Thornton comes in this year. Robin's probably thinking he'll need Myers tomorrow with Gavin pitching.

Plus Myers pitched yesterday.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 01:29 AM)
Let's turn to the guy with the .354BAA and 7.15ERA in the second half for our important outs.

Who else ya got? You can;t use the same two relievers, both of whom are up there in age, every single game. We only play close games, at some point you stick him out there and say pull your weight and do your job.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)

I see we're watching the same game this evening.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 08:28 PM)
Crain can't pitch every day. 3 innings a week tops if you want him to last he rest of the year..

Agreed... And with Reed going more than an inning tonight, Crain may well be closing tomorrow afternnon if it (hopefully) gets to that point.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 08:24 PM)
Monday morning QB? What are you talking about? Pretty much everyone on here prays they dont put Matt in. We don't need more than one set up man neither. Most teams have one. We have 2. Myers and Crain. Myers threw 3 pitches.

Myers and Crain also pitched yesterday. Crain pitched more than one inning even.