Postseason Roster

cabiness42

The roster as of midnight on August 31 will determine who is eligible for the playoffs.

• All players on the 25-man roster are eligible
  • All players on the 15-day DL are eligible

So, the current roster (which I understand may still change before the deadline) is eligible in addition to Bruney, Floyd, Septimo, Hudson, and De Aza. However, Bruney may get moved to the 60DL which would make him ineligible (not that he would be considered anyway).

Anybody who remains on or goes on the 15DL through the end of the season can be replaced by somebody not already eligible.

Indeed. The fact this thread is here and its not a joke just shows how successful this year has been. The Sox are going into September, the final month, in first place. I had them losing at least 90 games. Props to KW, Robin and everybody involved for making me feel proud to be a white sox fan again. Jesus. How awful was ozzie? It's his fault I became so evil. Thank god one of the worst managers the sport has ever seen is failing somewhere else.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 07:02 AM)
Indeed. The fact this thread is here and its not a joke just shows how successful this year has been. The Sox are going into September, the final month, in first place. I had them losing at least 90 games. Props to KW, Robin and everybody involved for making me feel proud to be a white sox fan again. Jesus. How awful was ozzie? It's his fault I became so evil. Thank god one of the worst managers the sport has ever seen is failing somewhere else.

This is gonna be good

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 06:56 AM)
The roster as of midnight on August 31 will determine who is eligible for the playoffs.

• All players on the 25-man roster are eligible
  • All players on the 15-day DL are eligible

So, the current roster (which I understand may still change before the deadline) is eligible in addition to Bruney, Floyd, Septimo, Hudson, and De Aza. However, Bruney may get moved to the 60DL which would make him ineligible (not that he would be considered anyway).

Anybody who remains on or goes on the 15DL through the end of the season can be replaced by somebody not already eligible.

I'm pretty sure you can also make a replacement for anyone who ends up on the DL, correct?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 08:22 AM)
I'm pretty sure you can also make a replacement for anyone who ends up on the DL, correct?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 08:39 AM)
Right, I mentioned that in my last sentence.

I believe that they have to be on the 40-man as of August 31 and it requires league approval. Also, must be a player of the same position. I.E. if a pitcher goes down you can't use that as a reason to put an infielder on the roster.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

I believe that they have to be on the 40-man as of August 31 and it requires league approval. Also, must be a player of the same position. I.E. if a pitcher goes down you can't use that as a reason to put an infielder on the roster.

Yes, they have to be on the 40-man, but I think they did away with the 'same position' requirement.

Man you are asking for it. Maybe they won't take the bait.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 02:17 PM)
Man you are asking for it. Maybe they won't take the bait.

I'm not trying to bait anybody. Ozzie is terrible at his profession. I don't care about '05 anymore. One team wins it all every year. That doesn't mean the manager of that team is great overall. I like being a Sox fan again. This wouldn't be the case with Ozzie still managing.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 06:23 PM)
I'm not trying to bait anybody. Ozzie is terrible at his profession. I don't care about '05 anymore. One team wins it all every year. That doesn't mean the manager of that team is great overall. I like being a Sox fan again. This wouldn't be the case with Ozzie still managing.

But what do you think of the Filibuster?

I'm not trying to have 2011 arguments, but a typical Adam Dunn, a healthy Jake Peavy, a focused Alex Rios, and a kick ass Chris Sale would make a drunk like me good at managing. I'm not saying Robin is doing a bad job (I have actually been impressed with how tactical he is) but those 4 things have helped....a lot.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 09:53 PM)
I'm not trying to have 2011 arguments, but a typical Adam Dunn, a healthy Jake Peavy, a focused Alex Rios, and a kick ass Chris Sale would make a drunk like me good at managing. I'm not saying Robin is doing a bad job (I have actually been impressed with how tactical he is) but those 4 things have helped....a lot.

Rios and Dunn last year are probably the biggest indictments of Ozzie.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 09:53 PM)

Is that just good luck for Robin or did Ozzie help contribute to their bad seasons in 2011?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 09:55 PM)
Rios and Dunn last year are probably the biggest indictments of Ozzie.

I just don't feel comfortable with these arguments. Mainly because I can't personally say what is different.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
Is that just good luck for Robin or did Ozzie help contribute to their bad seasons in 2011?

See above. I just don't know. I'm not trying to ignore factors that I can't measure/recognize, but really, what do we know? I know the players have said things are more relaxed. Is that the main factor? I honestly have no idea.