Game Thread, No More "Silly Walks" Edition

cabiness42

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 11:16 PM)
I have a sneaky feeling the best we do is a dead-heat tie with the Tigers and a playoff game in Detroit which I won't be watching. I'll watch it I guess if it's in The Cell. I'll watch all the real playoff games but not some dumb ass playoff game vs. Detroit that (I feel) we'd be destined to lose.

I think the worst we can do is lose to the Tigers by a game or two.

I mean would any of you be surprised if we get swept this weekend and they win all three? That'd put them up by one with a lot of baseball left. It's just inexcusable for the Sox to play such a sloppy game tonight with so much at stake. It's ridiculous. I know baseball is a funny game, but the pickoff? The out at home? WTF??? This game meant a ton to give it away.

This is only #30 or 40 on the season.

I made a thread up about this not so long ago, and this wasn't in the top 3 most agonizing losses to KC this season.

Probably ranks around 4th at best, 6th at "worst."

I'm sure the Tigers after jumping out to a 2-0 lead and with Milone on the ropes (AT HOME, too) thought they had that game well in hand.

The most predictable thing was losing in the bottom of the 9th or extras. We're good at that.

But you remember the Friday game we did somehow manage to win in KC. We tried to lose that about 10 different ways, and I think had two separate blown saves. Imagine if we had lost that one.

This season will be about a LOT MORE than just the Royals/Tigers games, in the end.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 05:25 AM)
Watch a Tiger's game. Putting the ball in play is the best chance to beat them.

Can Minnesota's no names (besides Mauer) beat the Tigers one game in Detroit this weekend? I'd be shocked if that was the case. No way Detroit is going to let Minnie off the hook like we do KC. It would be awesome, though, if the Twins somehow won one game and we can get one in Anaheim. All we had to do was win tonight and we'd likely still be a game up after the weekend games. Now it looks like a tie at best after this weekend.

Would you all sell out for a tie after this weekend's games??

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 11:36 PM)
Can Minnesota's no names (besides Mauer) beat the Tigers one game in Detroit this weekend? I'd be shocked if that was the case. No way Detroit is going to let Minnie off the hook like we do KC. It would be awesome, though, if the Twins somehow won one game and we can get one in Anaheim. All we had to do was win tonight and we'd likely still be a game up after the weekend games. Now it looks like a tie at best after this weekend.

Would you all sell out for a tie after this weekend's games??

Willingham, Morneau, Plouffe and Span disagree with your calling them no-names.

Revere as well.