Game Thread, No More "Silly Walks" Edition

cabiness42

QUOTE (kapzk @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 04:01 AM)
How stupid can a manager be in a pennant race, really Ozzie would have already clinched this s*** by now.

I can't wait for shack to log on tonight. If he thought last night was bad (which it wasn't), tonight's managing might cause quite the shack rant.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 03:54 AM)
Ha. Sox should have scored more in the early innings. Congrats to greg, he won his World Series.

Yeah. I'm born and raised Sox fan who grew up on the South Side and went to Brother Rice. But I'm a huge Royals fan. I have spent 10 years on this board just to fake that I'm a Sox fan. I hope you have a better read on people than you have shown regarding me.

Sox don't deserve to make the playoffs after losing 12 times to KC. It's that simple. Thing is neither does Detroit so may be best of the worst prevail.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 10:03 PM)
Yeah. I'm born and raised Sox fan who grew up on the South Side and went to Brother Rice. But I'm a huge Royals fan. I have spent 10 years on this board just to fake that I'm a Sox fan. I hope you have a better read on people than you have shown regarding me.

Sox don't deserve to make the playoffs after losing 12 times to KC. It's that simple. Thing is neither does Detroit so may be best of the worst prevail.

Give it a rest will ya?

Can we just try something else against this team? Obviously whatever the hell it is we're doing isn't working.

Let's just play our sunday lineup against the Royals every time, give our veterans a rest. They're not getting the job done any way.

You can't tell me we couldn't manage to go 1-2 against the Royals playing our bench guys the whole time. We'd probably stumble into one win just due to dumb luck.

Just sit our vets next time and let them think about why they aren't out there.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 04:05 AM)
Can we just try something else against this team? Obviously whatever the hell it is we're doing isn't working.

Let's just play our sunday lineup against the Royals every time, give our veterans a rest. They're not getting the job done any way.

We don't have to worry about that until next season. At least I can watch games again in their entireity now that we're done with KC and Detroit. If we have to play Detroit in a one-game playoff though, I'll skip that one. A playoff game against Detroit would not be fun IMO.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
Why? that other guy keeps attacking me. Like I'm the only one blasting the White Sox for another crappy loss.

You arent the only one but if anyone on here can be labeled broken record(besides fathom) its you.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
Just hope KC gives the tigers the same treatment. Angels and Rays don't scare me.

let me know how that goes,we lose 4out of 7, tigers will mop KC and we can remember this night the season went away!!!!!!

Edited by C_LEE45

QUOTE (C_LEE45 @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 04:14 AM)
let me know how that goes,we lose 4out of 7 tigers will mop KC and we can remember this night the season went away!!!!!!

All the losses to KC have been equally painful. We lose 2 of 3, 3 of 4 or get swept by them regularly. Tonight's is no different from the other losses to them. I will say if the Sox find a way to win the division (and avoid a one-game playoff with Detroit) in a year they lose 12 games to KC, Robin does deserve manager of the year. It's almost impossible to lose that many games to a division team and win the division.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 04:17 AM)
Every time we lose someone says "Remember this is the game that lost us the division!"

I doubt it...

No game will top being up 6-0 vs the Tigers in the 6th inning with Peavy on the mound and losing 10-8 on a fly out by Viciedo that missed being a game-winning homer by 5 feet. Two game swing right there. Hard to imaging any other game that could be considered a worse loss over the course of the year. Hopefully it's a moot point.