Now that tickets are lower, what would you do to IMPROVE THE SOX EXPER

ewokpelts

Seeing as the Sox themselves fixed the ticket price issue, what would people do to make the overall Sox experience better?

Two things from me:

1. Ushers in EVERY SECTION - too many stupid s*** happens because people know there's no consequences.

2. Parking lots should open earlier, ESPECIALLY on weekends.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sox experience is great the way it is. Obviously having restaurants and bars around the ballpark would be HUGE for fan postgame experiences. But the bicardi at the park was a step in that direction. I love what the organization is doing to accommodate the fan base for all ages. They lowered prices on parking and tickets. That is fantastic!

What this organization needs is a right handed ACE and a 3B. :) I wouldn't mind a veteran closer as well.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 05:50 PM)
Seeing as the Sox themselves fixed the ticket price issue, what would people do to make the overall Sox experience better?

Two things from me:

1. Ushers in EVERY SECTION - too many stupid s*** happens because people know there's no consequences.

On #1, I think they have enough, they just don't do anything. They wander around in the hallways, or in the entrances to the seats, but never actually look around or do anything they are supposed to. They gather in little pods and talk.

I would love to see the team invest in the neighborhood more to enhance the area experience, but I guess that is a different topic.

In the park, I think its pretty damn good already. Food prices are too high, same with drinks. Get rid of the stupid Chevy Pride Crew. Mix up the between innings stuff, that gets stale fast. More things involving fans doing things on the field between innings would be more entertaining.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 06:36 PM)
On #1, I think they have enough, they just don't do anything. They wander around in the hallways, or in the entrances to the seats, but never actually look around or do anything they are supposed to. They gather in little pods and talk.

I would love to see the team invest in the neighborhood more to enhance the area experience, but I guess that is a different topic.

In the park, I think its pretty damn good already. Food prices are too high, same with drinks. Get rid of the stupid Chevy Pride Crew. Mix up the between innings stuff, that gets stale fast. More things involving fans doing things on the field between innings would be more entertaining.

Jim Thompson has said ISFA tried to open a hotel or add more amenities, and the Sox have turned that down.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 09:47 PM)
they do that already. bands playing outside, tailgating, ect....

It needs to be at least three hours before the game. Have a team museum, autograph signings by former players, contests, inside and outside activities. Get people in the park and spending money early.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 08:51 PM)
It needs to be at least three hours before the game. Have a team museum, autograph signings by former players, contests, inside and outside activities. Get people in the park and spending money early.

Would really only be worth it for Saturday games though.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 08:51 PM)

that would be cool. i hate getting to games early and being locked out of the park.

Yeah, I agree that they need to open the park earlier. The ability to see the SOX taking batting practice and catch balls hit by them would mean so much more than the visiting teams. And like someone else already mentioned, it would get people spending money sooner. If I got in to the park 2-3 hours before gametime, I would definitely be buying a drink at the very least.

Two things from me:

I agree on the second one. Since I live out of town and have to drive to games, it would be nice to be able to park 3-4 hours before the game.

Other than that, I'm probably the wrong person to ask. I'm there to watch a baseball game. I don't really care about the food selection, what music is playing, what the entertainment is, or any of that stuff. I think it's sad that people need to be entertained at a baseball game, but I guess that's how society is now.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 10:24 PM)
Yeah, I agree that they need to open the park earlier. The ability to see the SOX taking batting practice and catch balls hit by them would mean so much more than the visiting teams. And like someone else already mentioned, it would get people spending money sooner. If I got in to the park 2-3 hours before gametime, I would definitely be buying a drink at the very least.

I'd love to see early BP, but it wouldn't make a difference in attendance.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 09:03 AM)
It also costs more to have all the employees working extra hours.

Yes, and that is where the balancing act is. How much do you open? How many ushers get there earlier? Setting up the shifts just the right way would be the key to making money that way.

Open the park early on Saturday for full Sox BP, make it an event. Encourage guys to sign autographs, toss more balls into the stands, etc. Since it's rare, you could get people to come out. There's zero reason to open the park at 4pm on a Tuesday. You'll have 12 people there.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 09:20 AM)
Open the park early on Saturday for full Sox BP, make it an event. Encourage guys to sign autographs, toss more balls into the stands, etc. Since it's rare, you could get people to come out. There's zero reason to open the park at 4pm on a Tuesday. You'll have 12 people there.

Agree, and I do think having the players doing more autographs and fan interaction would create a big draw for families.

Take out the last 2 rows of upper deck seats and build a walkway up there with a few concession stands that would be easier to access from the mid to high seats in the upper deck. It would be a nice walk around too, great view and in no one's way that is sitting down. In a way, like old comiskey with stands at the top of upper deck, though those were behind a wall.

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 09:33 AM)
Take out the last 2 rows of upper deck seats and build a walkway up there with a few concession stands that would be easier to access from the mid to high seats in the upper deck. It would be a nice walk around too, great view and in no one's way that is sitting down. In a way, like old comiskey with stands at the top of upper deck, though those were behind a wall.

And where do you think the state will get 40 million topay for that? Your idea also means removing the roof and re attaching it to new struts.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 09:20 AM)

I'd open a few stands behind home plate and the fandeck stand. As most people will be either behind home plate to get autographs or in the outfiel to shag fly balls.

I think 2 hours is sufficient as the sox bp is 2 hours before the start of game

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 10:22 AM)
And where do you think the state will get 40 million topay for that? Your idea also means removing the roof and re attaching it to new struts.

You asked for a suggestion-didn't put a price tag on it. This is not the original roof-it was changed before