2013 White Sox "Family Sundays" announced

ewokpelts

QUOTE (SAVVY18 @ Nov 16, 2012 -> 07:52 AM)
This will definitely get us to make the 2 hour drive on Sundays more often. Can't wait!!!

Like ewok said, I can now buy them in advance, knowing where we'll all be sitting. HUGE thing.

I should point out something not many people do. Buy your parking in advance when you get your tickets. Especially now that the Sunday games have the $10 parking.

I predict that the lots will be beyond capacity on Sundays next year.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 06:04 PM)
It's actually not a better deal if you do the math...

I know Barbie once said, "Math is hard," but . . .

2012 "Kids Day" Sunday bleacher cost 7/8/12 (me and 2 kids) $38 + $1 + $1 = $ 40

2013 Family Sunday bleacher cost (me and 2 kids) $15 + $15 + $15 = $45

$40

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Nov 16, 2012 -> 09:45 AM)

2012 "Kids Day" Sunday bleacher cost 7/8/12 (me and 2 kids) $38 + $1 + $1 = $ 40

$40

If you drive or bring your wife, it is cheaper, or if you have family that doesn't qualify for the $1 kids ticket, its cheaper.

$40

Did you drive? If yes, it is still cheaper in 2013.

$15 + $15 + $15+10 = $55

$38 + $1 + $1+23 = $63

$40 < $45, no?

I would think that one adult bringing 2+ kids to the ballpark is not the norm, plus as others have noted parking tips the balance anyway.

$40

For one, parking his cheaper, and that's part of this plan.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was in your post, you get a $1 ticket for every paid adult ticket. So, you'd have to buy 2 adult tickets, no? I was going with family of 4 so you get 2 $1 tickets.

So yeah, 2013 is a better deal.

$40 again, you can buy these tickets in ADVANCE. whereas kids' day was day of game sales, WITH dynamic pricing. so your $38 bleacher seats was really $44.

$40 of course, the $15 price also applies to sections that were as high as $44 last year. Sec 154 was lower box in 2012. It's now Lower Corner in 2013.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 16, 2012 -> 11:02 AM)
For one, parking his cheaper, and that's part of this plan.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was in your post, you get a $1 ticket for every paid adult ticket. So, you'd have to buy 2 adult tickets, no? I was going with family of 4 so you get 2 $1 tickets.

So yeah, 2013 is a better deal.

But if you take the train (as I have done) parking is moot, and no, you didn't have to match each kid with a paid adult. I know because i have done this for years.

Again, for me it worked out cheaper under the old system. Why is that so controversial?

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Nov 16, 2012 -> 01:09 PM)
But if you take the train (as I have done) parking is moot, and no, you didn't have to match each kid with a paid adult. I know because i have done this for years.

Again, for me it worked out cheaper under the old system. Why is that so controversial?

actually, the new system allows you to sit in BETTER seats at the $15 rate. oh, and they have, get this, even cheaper tickets. you can take the kids for $15 total if you choose to sit upstairs. the 2012 pricing would have you in the upper level on kids day at $20 for 3 tickets.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 16, 2012 -> 01:39 PM)
I'm sure one can find multiple specific cases where 2013 may actually cost a little more than 2012 for a game... but for MOST people, MOST group sizes, in MOST sections on MOST days... 2013 will be cheaper.
AND it's every sunday. Kids' Days in 2012 were limited to 5 dates.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 16, 2012 -> 01:39 PM)
I'm sure one can find multiple specific cases where 2013 may actually cost a little more than 2012 for a game... but for MOST people, MOST group sizes, in MOST sections on MOST days... 2013 will be cheaper.

Which is all good by me. Anything that brings more people to the park is good by me, even if (all things being equal) it costs me a few bucks more on Sunday. Which it will.

/beating dead horse.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Nov 16, 2012 -> 01:49 PM)
Which is all good by me. Anything that brings more people to the park is good by me, even if (all things being equal) it costs me a few bucks more on Sunday. Which it will.

/beating dead horse.

Again. You can go for $5 each. That's a LOT less than what you paid last year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 16, 2012 -> 01:53 PM)
Where are the people rebutting their stance that the Sox would rather have 20,000 people at the old, inflated prices and expensive parking than consistently drawing more with 10 dollar parking on Sundays and much cheaper seating options?

They're looking to buy these sunday tix.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Nov 16, 2012 -> 02:09 PM)
Again. You can go for $5 each. That's a LOT less than what you paid last year.

C’mon. Do you honestly not understand what I’m trying to explain, or are you just being intentionally provocative?

I get that certain seats will cheaper, but we don't like to sit in those $5 seats. They generally don't allow access to the Rain Room, the old ballpark shower, or any other feature of the lower deck that my kids and I enjoy.

We like to sit in the bleachers for day games, ok? And we don't mind choosing from one of just a few select Sundays. Or making an adventure out of riding the train.

So again, ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL for us, it will be slightly more expensive for us to do the typical Sunday “Kids Day” thing we’ve done for years, where Dad and his two kids make a day out of riding the train, soaking up sun in the Bleachers, and having fun getting soaking wet in the shower and rain room. See post #28 for the math.

I’m not b****ing about any of this, I’m merely stating facts based upon my own family’s preferences and experience. Sheesh.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 16, 2012 -> 08:54 PM)
Wasn't the $1 upper reserved only?

Using my playoff deposit to get 4 tickets to every Suunday game with parking. Will tailgate with family. Great deal.

Awesome, have fun Harry. This is what baseball is supposed to be about. FAMILY!!! It'll be like the good ol days for you on Sundays, weather permitting!