Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 4, 2014 -> 10:37 PM)
The Big 10 is terrible. That's what it has to do with it. If you lose a game, you're done. If you lose a game but have some big OOC wins, then you still might have a shot at making it into the playoff. Also, you need to play the best to beat the best. If you keep playing bad teams, then you're going to keep getting beat when you play the big dogs.

SEC! SEC! SEC!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 5, 2014 -> 10:41 AM)
So is UCLA's Hundtley. Seems like PAC QBs stay that extra year often.

If he doesn't need the money, I think I would rather spend another year in sunny LA surrounded by young coeds, instead of moving to Cleveland or Minneapolis.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 5, 2014 -> 04:14 PM)
Maybe he realized that was a step down off of a cliff.

Probably felt like he should atleast listen to what Penn St had to offer. Every Miami fan knew this would happen at some point.

Kinda funny reading Penn St people. There was one small time writer saying PSU deserves better than a .500 head coach(Golden is 49-49). That same writer was pushing for Schiano who had a record of 68-67 at Rutgers. haha

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 4, 2014 -> 07:40 PM)
SEC! SEC! SEC!

This has nothing to do with me being a fan of a school in the SEC. I grew up as a Big 10 guy so it's not like I'm trying to hate on the conference. I'm just stating the truth.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 4, 2014 -> 04:37 PM)
The Big 10 is terrible. That's what it has to do with it. If you lose a game, you're done. If you lose a game but have some big OOC wins, then you still might have a shot at making it into the playoff. Also, you need to play the best to beat the best. If you keep playing bad teams, then you're going to keep getting beat when you play the big dogs.

Better than the MAC though. 0-4 already and losing right now in Mobile. Is no one else watching the Go Daddy Bowl?

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 5, 2014 -> 10:41 AM)
So is UCLA's Hundtley. Seems like PAC QBs stay that extra year often.

Makes sense considering he is a fringe first rounder right now, but with a good year next year, he's a potential no. 1 overall pick.

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Jan 5, 2014 -> 11:44 PM)
Makes sense considering he is a fringe first rounder right now, but with a good year next year, he's a potential no. 1 overall pick.

barring injury, Winston has that sealed up right now.

But he could be a top 5-10 pick.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 5, 2014 -> 11:19 PM)
Did he get that advice from Matt Barkley?

Completely different situations. Barkley's stock was already as high as it could be, he had nothing to gain draft stock wise by going back and everything to lose. Same goes for Jake Locker.

Hundley on the other hand has built all of his value based off of his talent and potential. If he has a season next year where he takes the next step and develops his passing game even more, top 5 pick status and even a heisman run is in his future. And I completely forgot about Winston, he's number 1 next year unless something unforeseen happens.

Worst case scenario, he gets hurt or has a bad year, he still has his 5th year to rebuild all his value.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 03:12 PM)
Finally, it's here. So pumped for tonight.

Me too. This game shouldn't be particularly close, but if it is it'll be worrisome since FSU has yet to play a close game all year. Tonight will be the night the rest of America learns what kind of a beast Kelvin Benjamin is!

Go 'Noles!

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 10:44 PM)
Me too. This game shouldn't be particularly close, but if it is it'll be worrisome since FSU has yet to play a close game all year. Tonight will be the night the rest of America learns what kind of a beast Kelvin Benjamin is!

Go 'Noles!

The Noles had like 3 primetime games this year and they play on the eastern time zone. Pretty sure people are well aware of their players and program.