Leo "The Lip" Durocher would be turning in his grave...

caulfield12

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 6, 2013 -> 09:39 AM)
And just because Robin is calm and collected with the media, how does everyone know he never gets on players? I know when he was playing, he ripped Frank Thomas a new one when he was out of line.

The White Sox take infield and outfield more than any other MLB team. The blaming him for guys missing cutoffs is beyond hysterical. What is he supposed to do?

People act like the players are 8 year olds and the manager is one of the dads like a little league team. Get real. We are dealing with grown ups here. Throwing temper tantrums doesn't usually work all that well. Once in a while to make a point, maybe. If your manager at work yells at you all the time, does that make you a better employee?

Excellent post

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 6, 2013 -> 12:53 PM)
You have to be joking. Or trolling. Gillaspie was acquired during ST in exchange for a lottery ticket A-ball pitcher, and has been one of the best hitters in the lineup. Seriously with this?

Add to that superb defense

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 6, 2013 -> 04:42 PM)
Both of those stats are heavily factored by the players surrounding him in the lineup. Don't blame him because the rest of our lineup sucks.

All I'm saying is the guy has five RBIs. 20 strikeouts in 84 at bats. I'm not saying he's horrible, especially compared to others in the lineup, but I'm saying I think he's getting too much credit on here. That's all. He's hitting .289. Look I don't hate the guy. I'm hoping at the still young age of 25 he's found it.

Edited by greg775