Reinsdorf family succession plan

Princess Dye

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 21, 2013 -> 09:28 AM)
Very true, didn't Reinsdorf already block Cuban from trying to buy the Cubs?

If so, Cuban won't be buying a MLB team until Jerry steps down or sells the Sox.

I believe he blocked him on the Pirates and the Cubs

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 21, 2013 -> 09:28 AM)
Very true, didn't Reinsdorf already block Cuban from trying to buy the Cubs?

If so, Cuban won't be buying a MLB team until Jerry steps down or sells the Sox.

And he sure as hell won't be buying Jerry's team.

@DanHayesCSN: Jerry Reinsdorf in a #WhiteSox statement said he plans to be around "for quite a while longer." Wants to be around for 2033 ASG.

@DanHayesCSN: More Reinsdorf: The succession of the #White Sox is fluid at this point and ultimately will depend on timing and other circumstances. (1/2)

@DanHayesCSN: More Reinsdorf: Certainly, nothing is definitive, and right now the plan is to address succession after the 2033 All-Star Game. #WhiteSox

@MDGonzales: "Jerry has said that while it is his recommendation that the club be put up for sale once he is no longer with us, he acknowledges ..(more)

@MDGonzales: "that his vote won’t count at that point in the discussion.He recognizes that he may be in the 4th quarter, but as he said, he’s playing ..

@MDGonzales: "for triple overtime."

So, no need to worry about succession any time soon according to JR

As the face of the owners, he's not nearly as interesting as Bill, but overall I believe the club did well to have him as owner. DeBartolo was someone I really hoped would get the club, but this worked out fine. There aren't too many good owners, I would put JR in the upper 1/4.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 22, 2013 -> 12:52 PM)
As the face of the owners, he's not nearly as interesting as Bill, but overall I believe the club did well to have him as owner. DeBartolo was someone I really hoped would get the club, but this worked out fine. There aren't too many good owners, I would put JR in the upper 1/4.

Too many gambling and tax problems. That's why he had to sell his shares of the racetracks and give control of the 49er's to his kids.