5/28 Games

flavum

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ May 29, 2013 -> 10:57 AM)
Very true. I remember DeMichele not exactly being set at 2B when he was drafted. Anyone know if he can play another position?

We asked him that, sort of, in our interview with him here. Basically, he played some SS in high school, but in both HS and college there were strong true SS's on his team so he didn't get much play there. At the very least, it would be a significant learning curve for him.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ May 29, 2013 -> 10:17 PM)
Thanks for the link. But based on your info you would have assume DeMichele is stuck at 2B. Maybe he can learn LF (anyone can really) but I don't see him switching over to SS based off of that info.

Pretty much. More importantly, I don't think we'd know if he can switch unless he tried it, and worked through the learning curve for a good long while. He might succeed, but likely would struggle. He's been at 2B a long time now, and his defense at the position there is still a work in progress as it is.