6/2 Games

flavum

I wish it were like the old days when a guy got drafted, you didn't hear from him again for 3-4 years, and you were lucky to see his stats once a week in the Sunday paper.

But the internet makes that impossible and it's fun to follow a guy from day 1 of his professional career.

Sometimes we need to realize these guys are super young, and haven't played a lot of baseball if they come out of high school.

I just hope Hawkins keeps a good attitude, is coachable, and progresses each year.

My only beef so far, is the Sox probably should have started him at Kanny at age 19. But we'll see how the next few months go.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 05:52 PM)
He only has 3 errors. Thought he had more.. What is the pass balls comparison?

5 passed balls for both of them as well.

Phegley does have a better CS %age, but that's one where being in the minors never translates directly.

Shameless plug, but if you didn't read the article prior to his DL stint, take a look now.

That said, I wouldn't worry a TON about his first 2 or 3 games back - he needs to get his baseball eyes back again. That would be true for any player. Once we get to where he's had a couple weeks of AB's, or a month, then let's see where he stands.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 09:26 AM)
Shameless plug, but if you didn't read the article prior to his DL stint, take a look now.

That said, I wouldn't worry a TON about his first 2 or 3 games back - he needs to get his baseball eyes back again. That would be true for any player. Once we get to where he's had a couple weeks of AB's, or a month, then let's see where he stands.

Stop being reasonable...

:)