2013-2014 NHL thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 07:30 PM)
Same here. Plus, you got to enjoy the huge variance in road jerseys, instead of just the white ones.

Yeah, seeing everyone's whites is lame. The whole 3rd jersey thing kind of pushed the change, since teams wanted to wear those at home, and then teams would have to be hauling both darks and whites on road trips, plus other gear that changes with color like helmets, socks.

But you could just as easily make it standard on the road - bring darks only, be it alternates or normal darks. Wear your darks/alternates on the road and more people can see them. Everyone has TV now, the marketing wouldn't be any different, you'd still sell those jerseys to the home fans.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 25, 2014 -> 05:46 AM)
Yeah but there is also something to having the team in red while the fans are mostly wearing red as well.

Yea, although the home white is classic something about the "red out" at home gets the blood pumping.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 25, 2014 -> 05:46 AM)
Yeah but there is also something to having the team in red while the fans are mostly wearing red as well.

I get it, but you could do the same thing in white. And white outs are bad ass, hat tip Winnipeg.

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 3m

Teuvo Teravainen centered a line with Brandon Saad and Ben Smith during #Blackhawks' morning skate.

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 11m

#Blackhawks lines: Versteeg-Toews-Hossa, Saad-Teravainen-Smith, Sharp-Handzus-Shaw, Bollig-Kruger-Regin. Bickell and Morin rotating in.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 25, 2014 -> 11:35 AM)
So you think you find a 2nd line center to try...then you move your 2nd line winger to the 3rd. Without Kane, we need production out of Sharp. Can't leave him with Handzus. Either try it with TT or stack the first line.

I think the Handzus line is the second line but that is beside the point.

Not sure why they think Handzus needs to be with scorers as he does nto seem to help them score .

Also Regin went from second line center to fourth line winger really quick.

Edited by Harry Chappas

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 25, 2014 -> 12:42 PM)
Longtime Blackhawks writer Tim Sassone dies

Sad news. Covered the Blackhawks for 25 years.

Really sad. Sassone was the go to guy for Hawks coverage for years, especially before internet coverage, etc. Always looked forward to reading his columns when picking up the sports section and bringing it to school with me during middle school/high school.

Plus, my hat goes off to him for covering such awful hockey for a long stretch and still making it as interesting as possible. Always had straightforward opinions, not afraid to call guys/management out, etc.

No doubt he'll be honored pre-game tonight.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 25, 2014 -> 01:14 PM)
Really sad. Sassone was the go to guy for Hawks coverage for years, especially before internet coverage, etc. Always looked forward to reading his columns when picking up the sports section and bringing it to school with me during middle school/high school.

Plus, my hat goes off to him for covering such awful hockey for a long stretch and still making it as interesting as possible. Always had straightforward opinions, not afraid to call guys/management out, etc.

No doubt he'll be honored pre-game tonight.

Wow. I met Sassone a dozen times while interning at the Hawks. He was really nice.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 25, 2014 -> 11:12 PM)
Zero shots on goal. Bust!

What a crock.

But seriously, he looked pretty solid out there. Made a couple nice defensive plays and although it seemed like he barely had the puck tonight, he did show his quick hands and stick handling. He couldn't have been any less physical though. I was afraid someone was going to hit him and he'd break in half.

Good first outing, and the ice awareness on the play when he gave hjarmy his stick while Dallas was attacking, that's heads up.

He'll make up for the goal shortage next game and have 4 goals/2 assist (NHL 14 style)