Phegley Up/Gimenez Gone

justBLAZE

With what Flowers was doing up here and with what Phegley was doing in Charlotte, you had to bring him up to see if he could play, no matter what the results are. At least the Sox will know where they are next year, in need of a C.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 09:32 AM)
With what Flowers was doing up here and with what Phegley was doing in Charlotte, you had to bring him up to see if he could play, no matter what the results are. At least the Sox will know where they are next year, in need of a C.

They don't know that at all.

I keep saying this. I said it in the post of mine I replied to.

This is 100% normal when you're trying to develop young players. 100% normal. Struggling at the start is what you should expect. Many of history's greatest players struggle at the start.

People are so desperate for young talent in this organization, they want to trade off everything for that young talent, and then the moment it gets to the big leagues, it's cast aside and declared a failure because it does what every player should be expected to do.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 08:39 AM)

This is 100% normal when you're trying to develop young players. 100% normal. Struggling at the start is what you should expect. Many of history's greatest players struggle at the start.

People are so desperate for young talent in this organization, they want to trade off everything for that young talent, and then the moment it gets to the big leagues, it's cast aside and declared a failure because it does what every player should be expected to do.

Mike Trout hit .220/.281/.390/.672 over his first 135 PAs

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 11:32 AM)
So will Rienzo be an epic bust or future HOF 12 hours from now?

I guarantee you if he gives up 6 runs and lasts 3 innings there will be many people saying "He's terrible, I never want to see him throw another pitch for the white sox again".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 06:19 AM)
The countdown is on until ST turns on him, declares him a bust, says it was a mistake to call him up, that he was called up too early, that he's "not a good player", that he has a terrible approach, that he has no talent, that it's the organization's fault, that they never develop hitters, that he will never learn to hit, and that they need to DFA him immediately.

I give it another week.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 09:42 AM)
I guarantee you if he gives up 6 runs and lasts 3 innings there will be many people saying "He's terrible, I never want to see him throw another pitch for the white sox again".

One man's mission to change soxtalk. Why so disgusted with the knee jerk reaction of fans on a fan site?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 08:39 AM)

Flowers isn't young. Many of history's greatest are hitting well above .200 when they are Flower's age. Nice bump though! lol