7/18 Games

flavum

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 06:28 PM)
Who's that waste of space DH they have playing instead of Walker? Never heard of him.

You're right. Konerko. Are both Mitchell and Walker both duds prospects now? I know Mitchell is or is there still hope for Walker

Walker is what I'd call a disappointment, but not a bust yet. He was raw for his age and should have been playing in A-ball this year. We tend to push guys to age-appropriate levels even when their production hasn't merited it and he is a case of that. Eventually he'll make it to AAA and we won't be able to push him too fast anymore. Look for him to figure out AAA after two or three seasons ala Jordan Danks.

Also, go Wilkins!

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 06:47 PM)
Walker is what I'd call a disappointment, but not a bust yet. He was raw for his age and should have been playing in A-ball this year. We tend to push guys to age-appropriate levels even when their production hasn't merited it and he is a case of that. Eventually he'll make it to AAA and we won't be able to push him too fast anymore. Look for him to figure out AAA after two or three seasons ala Jordan Danks.

Are you saying Walker is going to turn into another Jordan Danks?

Walker was never supposed to be the kind of prospect Mitchell was.

Mitchell played SEC baseball. Wasn't Walker a JuCo.

Mitchell was the 23rd overall pick, Walker 47th.

Mitchell was supposed to be something. They hoped Walker would be something.

Mitchell is a bust. Too soon to say that about Walker, but I'm not optimistic.

And Jacobs will fit right in -- The Whiff in first AB.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 06:34 PM)
You're right. Konerko. Are both Mitchell and Walker both duds prospects now? I know Mitchell is or is there still hope for Walker

Walker had major shoulder surgery and knee surgery last off season. The organization should of given him more time to fully heal. Both the Sox and Walker shouldn't of rushed back. This season needs to be thrown out. Now if he does this again next year than the bust label might come oout.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 08:36 PM)
Anderson 1-6, 3 K. He's been pretty good with the bat though.

I'm not so sure he has. His K/PA is 28.4% after today. His assignment straight to Kannapolis was too aggressive IMO, but still, that's concerning.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 08:49 PM)
I'm not so sure he has. His K/PA is 28.4% after today. His assignment straight to Kannapolis was too aggressive IMO, but still, that's concerning.

At 20, and just getting started, I'll take a batting average over .300. It's the Sox system after all, where .200 hitters are everywhere.

But I see your point, and considering the Hawkins season, maybe they would be better off starting Anderson at Kanny next year.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 09:04 PM)
Ravelo was replaced as a pinch hitter and he was DH-ing tonight.

For the next 13 days, if I see something like this, I'm going to assume the player was traded. Seriously though, the deadline can't get here soon enough.

He scored from second on an error by the first baseman his previous trip. It's possible there was a play at the plate and he got hurt.