That's a white sox winner!

Balta1701

I was at the game (took my grandson to his 1st Sox game ~ have to help raise him right!) and met Shingo on the concourse. He was with his translator and I shook his hand, it was loads of fun. I bet he could still flip the frisbee up there at at least 75 mph, although he did bounce his first pitch about 6 feet in front of home plate, so maybe not.

QUOTE (Harold @ Jul 20, 2013 -> 09:47 PM)
I was at the game (took my grandson to his 1st Sox game ~ have to help raise him right!) and met Shingo on the concourse. He was with his translator and I shook his hand, it was loads of fun. I bet he could still flip the frisbee up there at at least 75 mph, although he did bounce his first pitch about 6 feet in front of home plate, so maybe not.

When did he gain 20 mph on that pitch?

QUOTE (Harold @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 02:47 AM)

Good job, Harold. Baseball is for wide-eyed little kids. Hope it was a memorable day for your grandson and you. Out of curiosity, how much did you spend on the little fella? One hotdog, one cotton candy, two Cokes in the heat, one hat could set you back about 50 bucks I'm guessing.

When I was a kid my granddad took me to a ton of Cub games, yes Cub games. He was a Cub fan and I was the only one who would go with him as I loved baseball and as a little kid was enthralled by the scoreboard and ivy.

Thankfully my dad had Sox season tickets for many many years and I went to way more games of the good guys on the South side.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 20, 2013 -> 10:16 PM)
Good job, Harold. Baseball is for wide-eyed little kids. Hope it was a memorable day for your grandson and you. Out of curiosity, how much did you spend on the little fella? One hotdog, one cotton candy, two Cokes in the heat, one hat could set you back about 50 bucks I'm guessing.

When I was a kid my granddad took me to a ton of Cub games, yes Cub games. He was a Cub fan and I was the only one who would go with him as I loved baseball and as a little kid was enthralled by the scoreboard and ivy.

Thankfully my dad had Sox season tickets for many many years and I went to way more games of the good guys on the South side.

I probably spent about 40-50 bucks. He's only about 10 months old, so I bought him a Sox hat and a Sox Sock Monkey. Great day at the game!

Oh, by the way, sat in row 10 behind the 3rd base dirt and Morel's defense was terrible. In my opinion he was responsible for the first 3 Braves runs; a botched grounder, then he backed up on a grounder which cost him time resulting in Gordon getting steamrolled at second which broke up the double play and then Uggla hit his two run homer. Then he oh-layed a hot smash which resulted in the 3rd run. Not good.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 20, 2013 -> 07:15 PM)
We're all going to be very anxious in the last few days before the trade deadline. The buyers are all waiting til the last minute to get the best read on their situations. Buyers seem to have the upper hand this year.

Where have you come up with this?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 06:43 AM)
Where have you come up with this?

Appears to me there's less teams willing to part with prospects and take on salary. Even the Yankees are trying to be fiscally responsible though they have been replaced by the Dodgers as the big spenders of the days. Sox most likely won't deal within the division. Boston and Arizona are clinging to prospects. The Angels seem pretty quiet though they might be a team to spend money but have as bad a farm as the Sox. Giants farm is bad too. Braves farm is bleh.

The best farms are Arizona, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Red Sox, Cardinals and Rangers among the contenders. Everyone selling is pretty much targeting those teams. Getting anything significant from any team besides those 6 will be difficult. Nationals ,Yankees, and Dodgers after that. D'backs, TB , Orioles, and Pirates would all require the Sox to chip in more morey than the Sox probably want to. Yankees could use Dunn bad, Hafner is close to being released but the Yanks are dealing with A-Rod and what he might bring to the table. Cards seem pretty content with what they have though Peavy may be a guy they want.

Some of those farm teams strength are pitching but the Sox are more likely looking for position talent. Peavy and Crain and Lindstrom probably will be easiest to move. Crain is hurt and Lindstrom won't get us much. Peavy is the one piece the Sox need to get a real good return from. After that its a crap shoot and we're either going to be disappointed with the returns we get or the lack of trades. I think we improve the odds of a better return with a blockbluster or 3 way trades and those are difficult to work out.

Boston is loaded with upper level position talent and Hahn already traded Thorton to them but theyre hording those guys. Hoping they loosen up and lose a lot in the next week.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 10:42 AM)
Appears to me there's less teams willing to part with prospects and take on salary. Even the Yankees are trying to be fiscally responsible though they have been replaced by the Dodgers as the big spenders of the days. Sox most likely won't deal within the division. Boston and Arizona are clinging to prospects. The Angels seem pretty quiet though they might be a team to spend money but have as bad a farm as the Sox. Giants farm is bad too. Braves farm is bleh.

The best farms are Arizona, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Red Sox, Cardinals and Rangers among the contenders. Everyone selling is pretty much targeting those teams. Getting anything significant from any team besides those 6 will be difficult. Nationals ,Yankees, and Dodgers after that. D'backs, TB , Orioles, and Pirates would all require the Sox to chip in more morey than the Sox probably want to. Yankees could use Dunn bad, Hafner is close to being released but the Yanks are dealing with A-Rod and what he might bring to the table. Cards seem pretty content with what they have though Peavy may be a guy they want.

Some of those farm teams strength are pitching but the Sox are more likely looking for position talent. Peavy and Crain and Lindstrom probably will be easiest to move. Crain is hurt and Lindstrom won't get us much. Peavy is the one piece the Sox need to get a real good return from. After that its a crap shoot and we're either going to be disappointed with the returns we get or the lack of trades. I think we improve the odds of a better return with a blockbluster or 3 way trades and those are difficult to work out.

Boston is loaded with upper level position talent and Hahn already traded Thorton to them but theyre hording those guys. Hoping they loosen up and lose a lot in the next week.

I don't disagree that teams are trying their best to hold on to their prospects, but by all means this is a sellers market. There are very few teams completely out of the race and two of those teams, the Astros & Marlins, don't have much to trade in the first place. The supply of attractive players should be relatively low and the addition of the second wild card spot should inflate demand as there are now more contenders and there is a new importance in actually winning your division.