ESPN article on White Sox OF Prospects

bmags

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/...gth-to-question

Nothing here most haven't already said, though they probably should cover Hawkins age at that level.

BUT, to tie into a thread in PHT. I will also defend players in this era for letting things get to them when they have to deal with Twitter and commenter trolls.

The like, third comment is, "Maybe Hawkins would hit better if he stopped tweeting at white women all day".

WTF. Kid is 19 and has to read this crap.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 16, 2013 -> 05:48 PM)
I hope Zapata breaks onto the scene and gives us something to be excited about next year.

I obviously hope he breaks out, but in order to keep my sanity I try and hold back on expectations on prospects that young. Heck, I'm still waiting on Juan Silveiro to finally make his way to the big leagues....what's that you say?

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 16, 2013 -> 11:51 AM)
I obviously hope he breaks out, but in order to keep my sanity I try and hold back on expectations on prospects that young. Heck, I'm still waiting on Juan Silveiro to finally make his way to the big leagues....what's that you say?

Yeah, that's true. Probably better as a nice surprise that we forgot about

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 16, 2013 -> 12:51 PM)

Speaking of, he's actually having a really good season in the California League this year. Still only 22.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

I question his premise.

This spring, the White Sox were the envy of every club void of rising young outfield stars, boasting prospects like Jared Mitchell, Keenyn Walker, Trayce Thompson and Baseball America's No. 1 overall prospect in the organization, Courtney Hawkins.

Never heard we were the envy other clubs, whether they had OF prospects or not.

Edited by farmteam

the most annoying part of the article is that BS from Kenny Williams about how these guys are "working on things," and not just going out there and putting up stats for Baseball America.

We've seen the results of how well Sox every day prospects work on base-running, hitting the cut-off man, bunting and all the other fundamentals this season.

And it's been damn impressive, Kenny.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Aug 16, 2013 -> 12:31 PM)
Had to laugh, 100 K's to 9 BB's. :ph34r:

9 walks in almost 460 plate appearances, that's some serious swinging.

Thought this was for a pitcher, then I saw your second sentence :lol: