Sad story in Oak Lawn...

Y2HH

By definition, we usually consider such an act to be that of only the mentally ill or criminally insane. Surely, a psychologist will explain her actions or frame of mind and link it to something from her family past, World War II, SOMETHING...does anyone doubt this? After all, that's the defense attorney's job.

And therein lies the problem.

If she wasn't or right mind/thought (which nobody who would commit such an act COULD be), then how can she be 100% accountable in the current system?

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That isn't quite accurate and we execute people all the time who do not fit any of the standard diagnoses of mental disease or defect. Three in Texas just this past couple weeks, which is why Texas is the safest state in the union, we execute the most killers.

But if for example she does suffer from certain kinds of dementia, schizophrenia, etc. we do not execute them. And for the same reason we do not execute say an 8 year old who has not yet developed the capacity to understand their actions.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 11, 2013 -> 07:53 PM)
Due process doesn't exist here. She admitted she did it, was caught red-handed with the evidence, DNA, sledgehammer and knife. What's the f***ing deal here? Are you honestly defending her? If so, you've jumped the shark that Fonzie was jumping, on the back of another shark.

Why on earth would you read that post as defending her?

She, like every other person, deserves due process. She will get it and she will undoubtedly be convicted. I'm defending that basic process over lynch mobs, not her.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 12, 2013 -> 12:32 AM)
Exactly!!

I think it is a legitimate complaint of mine to say these motherf***s who are guilty get delay after delay. Put them on trial, convict them and remove them from the planet!!! I can believe in the court system and also say IT IS MAJORLY FLAWED in these cases.

The way it usually goes is ... horrible crime, big-time attorneys take the case. Attorneys delay everything for year after year after year. Trial is held. Attorney becomes famous. Sometimes the person is ultimately found guilty; sometimes not. Let's at least speed up these trials. What this woman did to that child is worthy of getting her on trial soon and convicted and put to death!!! That poor baby.

You have an interesting understanding of the criminal justice system.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 12, 2013 -> 12:32 AM)
IT IS MAJORLY FLAWED in these cases.

Fortunately if the MAJORLY FLAWED system fails, we can just exhume the body, revive them, and the mistakes are corrected.

QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 12, 2013 -> 03:16 PM)
Fortunately if the MAJORLY FLAWED system fails, we can just exhume the body, revive them, and the mistakes are corrected.

If some of you aren't appalled by the fact these cut and dried cases take FOREVER to settle then we agree to disagree. I am so appalled by a grandmother taking a sledgehammer to a f***ing baby that I want her gone. Yes I do.

And I'm sure she'll be found mentally insane. Yeah right!!! If she had shown any signs of insanity I'm sure dad would have left the baby with this piece of s***, devil. Our country is rotting so fast and there's nothing any of us can do about it ... AND WE AS A SOCIETY DESERVE WHAT HAPPENS TO US.Our country is one big piece of political correctness and we've let it become that way.

A sledgehammer to a baby???? Really???

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 12, 2013 -> 10:43 AM)
By definition, we usually consider such an act to be that of only the mentally ill or criminally insane. Surely, a psychologist will explain her actions or frame of mind and link it to something from her family past, World War II, SOMETHING...does anyone doubt this? After all, that's the defense attorney's job.

And therein lies the problem.

If she wasn't or right mind/thought (which nobody who would commit such an act COULD be), then how can she be 100% accountable in the current system?

I wish I was on the jury because she wouldn't be found insane. She'd be found convicted and she'd be giving up her life. Or there'd be a retrial cause I wouldn't budge.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 12, 2013 -> 02:15 PM)
I wish I was on the jury because she wouldn't be found insane. She'd be found convicted and she'd be giving up her life. Or there'd be a retrial cause I wouldn't budge.

Do you know how few people are actually found insane?? You literally have to be bat s*** crazy and still the chances are you won't be found insane in court. There is no doubt she is going to prison and there is also no doubt she will be in prison while waiting for a trial don't see what your issue with the legal system is.... only thing that won't happen is the death penalty.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 12, 2013 -> 02:15 PM)

And that is one of the problems with the system. People on juries that don't even bother with the evidence at trial. Do you realize that people like you on juries destroy the very foundation of our justice system and one reason it is, to use your words, MAJORLY FLAWED!!! The basic, most fundamental underpinning, is that all defendants receive a fair trial from an unbiased jury. Innocent until proven guilty. Only then would allowing the government to kill someone come close to being morally fair.

QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 12, 2013 -> 11:09 PM)
And that is one of the problems with the system. People on juries that don't even bother with the evidence at trial. Do you realize that people like you on juries destroy the very foundation of our justice system and one reason it is, to use your words, MAJORLY FLAWED!!! The basic, most fundamental underpinning, is that all defendants receive a fair trial from an unbiased jury. Innocent until proven guilty. Only then would allowing the government to kill someone come close to being morally fair.

No I am not the problem. She was found with the murder weapons. She said she did it. The relatives of this monster woman know she did it. Thus she is GUILTY at least in the court of Greg and I would make sure she didn't walk for this act. I seriously don't know if I've ever heard of a worse crime than this one and I feel so badly for the family of the baby.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 12, 2013 -> 10:43 PM)
No I am not the problem. She was found with the murder weapons. She said she did it. The relatives of this monster woman know she did it. Thus she is GUILTY at least in the court of Greg and I would make sure she didn't walk for this act. I seriously don't know if I've ever heard of a worse crime than this one and I feel so badly for the family of the baby.

You would be screened out before you ever made it to the jury by the defense team's experts who look for any of the signs you're exhibiting.

You really would have to be a genius to hide your contempt completely for her and give off the impression of impartiality.

I'm trying to make sense of some of the idiotic comments at one of the newspaper accounts in Chicago.

The mother of the baby was African-American?

If that's true, it puts another slant on this story...some were intimating that the grandmother was racist (from her upbringing in Europe) and didn't want a mixed ethnicity grandchild.

Don't know if that's true or not...just speculation.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 13, 2013 -> 04:53 AM)
I'm trying to make sense of some of the idiotic comments at one of the newspaper accounts in Chicago.

If that's true, it puts another slant on this story...some were intimating that the grandmother was racist (from her upbringing in Europe) and didn't want a mixed ethnicity grandchild.

Ugh. Hopefully that will rid the case of the insanity defense if she's prejudiced like that.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 12, 2013 -> 11:57 PM)
Ugh. Hopefully that will rid the case of the insanity defense if she's prejudiced like that.

How many times will I have to tell you she wont get away with Insanity... I know it came up in a thread a year or so ago I said it 5-6 posts earlier in this thread. Not too mention given that she is a nobody the place she would be at and all the drugs she'd be loaded up on it'd probably be worse for her than prison.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 12, 2013 -> 11:53 PM)

I didn't know the grandmother, but I believe she is polish, and I've seen her picture, she's white. The parents of the child I know, and both of them are white.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 12, 2013 -> 11:43 PM)

You are not the problem? Then you go on to admit you don't even need to hear the defense.

Do you understand our entire justice system is based on innocent until proven guilty and being judged by an unbiased jury? How can you say you would not be a problem when you readily admit that she is guilty before the trial and that you have already formed a biased opinion?

QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 13, 2013 -> 03:37 PM)
You are not the problem? Then you go on to admit you don't even need to hear the defense.

Do you understand our entire justice system is based on innocent until proven guilty and being judged by an unbiased jury? How can you say you would not be a problem when you readily admit that she is guilty before the trial and that you have already formed a biased opinion?

The problem is not me, it's getting these monsters tried in a quicker fashion. Unless the big, bad media is out to get her I think this woman is the problem. The article said: "Deno said in court that Giedrojc admitted in a video statement to beating the baby with a sledge hammer and slitting her throat."

Cmon. If we can't get this woman convicted in a timely fashion, what good is society?? I think one of the problems today is people thinking somebody like me is the problem when I want quicker justice in these cases!! That's all.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 13, 2013 -> 06:27 AM)
I didn't know the grandmother, but I believe she is polish, and I've seen her picture, she's white. The parents of the child I know, and both of them are white.

Okay, thanks for the correction.

http://truenewsusa.blogspot.com/2013/10/ba...awn-police.html

This story (starting off with the pierogi/pirogi) and the "comments section," my God, you would believe the US was fraying at the seams looking at this...it's 100X worse than a typical yahoo story in that regard

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 13, 2013 -> 07:50 PM)
Okay, thanks for the correction.

http://truenewsusa.blogspot.com/2013/10/ba...awn-police.html

This story (starting off with the pierogi/pirogi) and the "comments section," my God, you would believe the US was fraying at the seams looking at this...it's 100X worse than a typical yahoo story in that regard

Really don't mean to hijack the thread, but these anonymous comments have got to go. How can a news organization allow them? I mean my god. How can civilized people write that kind of s***?!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 13, 2013 -> 01:47 PM)
The problem is not me, it's getting these monsters tried in a quicker fashion. Unless the big, bad media is out to get her I think this woman is the problem. The article said: "Deno said in court that Giedrojc admitted in a video statement to beating the baby with a sledge hammer and slitting her throat."

Cmon. If we can't get this woman convicted in a timely fashion, what good is society?? I think one of the problems today is people thinking somebody like me is the problem when I want quicker justice in these cases!! That's all.

The problem is that:

You do not believe in innocent until proven guilty.

You do not believe in an unbiased jury.

Therefor you do not believe in the American system of justice.

How can you simultaneously claim the system is flawed and demand killing people sooner without appeals? You do understand we have sentenced to death people who later are proven to be innocent? There is very strong evidence that at least one, and possibly more have been executed who were innocent? It is bad enough when innocent people have spent months, years, or even decades locked up for crimes that they did not commit. Once we have killed someone, it is impossible to go back and bring them back to life.

QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 13, 2013 -> 08:58 PM)
The problem is that:

You do not believe in innocent until proven guilty.

You do not believe in an unbiased jury.

Therefor you do not believe in the American system of justice.

How can you simultaneously claim the system is flawed and demand killing people sooner without appeals? You do understand we have sentenced to death people who later are proven to be innocent? There is very strong evidence that at least one, and possibly more have been executed who were innocent? It is bad enough when innocent people have spent months, years, or even decades locked up for crimes that they did not commit. Once we have killed someone, it is impossible to go back and bring them back to life.

I'm talking about this case. She said she did it. The family knows she did it. There is no conspiracy. Yes I want her stricken from the earth very soon, not having to wait years for a trial. If that makes me bad instead of the system, then I'm bad. I contend the system and our world can be very bad. I'm not wrong on this issue IMO. I'm not blaming you or criticizing you. I think the world would be a better place if there was more outrage against people like this woman when everybody knows she did it than people defending the legal system when somebody like me speaks out against this monster of a woman. That's just me.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 13, 2013 -> 01:47 PM)
The problem is not me, it's getting these monsters tried in a quicker fashion. Unless the big, bad media is out to get her I think this woman is the problem

what are you talking about how many murder trials do you think get any media attention at all? why do you think that there's going to be some celebrity lawyer for this?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 13, 2013 -> 03:38 PM)
I'm talking about this case. She said she did it. The family knows she did it. There is no conspiracy. Yes I want her stricken from the earth very soon, not having to wait years for a trial. If that makes me bad instead of the system, then I'm bad. I contend the system and our world can be very bad. I'm not wrong on this issue IMO. I'm not blaming you or criticizing you. I think the world would be a better place if there was more outrage against people like this woman when everybody knows she did it than people defending the legal system when somebody like me speaks out against this monster of a woman. That's just me.

Who is defending this woman? Who is saying that justice shouldn't be served here? What the hell are you talking about?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 13, 2013 -> 02:52 PM)
Really don't mean to hijack the thread, but these anonymous comments have got to go. How can a news organization allow them? I mean my god. How can civilized people write that kind of s***?!

Ironic that you are posting this anonymously on a message board, right?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 13, 2013 -> 03:38 PM)

In this case, like all cases in the US, she is innocent until proven guilty. She is entitled to a strong defense in front of an unbiased judge or jury. I support our system, you reject it.

We have appeals in this country because we have so many rights. I am fundamentally opposed to the taking away of rights. You have no problem with that.

I can express outrage, horror, and empathy for this crime without demanding an immediate execution. There are countries around the world where that does happen, and none of them are where I would like to live.