Baseball winter meetings thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 12:24 PM)
They ranked him 15th this year. That's not anything like among the best in the league.

I misread that. Still, he is the highest position player ranked defensively on the 2013 White Sox. The only others to even make the list are Alexei at 17 and Hector Santiago. Everyone else........absent. I was no fan of Rios, but you would think he was top 20.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 12:31 PM)
I misread that. Still, he is the highest position player ranked defensively on the 2013 White Sox. The only others to even make the list are Alexei at 17 and Hector Santiago. Everyone else........absent. I was no fan of Rios, but you would think he was top 20.

Yeah -- don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's a BAD defender. I think it's pretty well established by many sources that he's a solid, slightly above average guy. I just think that Hawk tries to paint him as a guy who can make up his deficiencies at the plate with superlative defense, but the truth is he just isn't THAT good. He's got a good glove, but it isn't a SPECIAL glove.