Just for Fun - your Top Prospects

NorthSideSox72

Hawkins tools are off the charts. He has so much upside and I think it is a mistake to right him off. He has a high bust rate. Another year like last year and he'll be completely removed from any list (regardless of potential). He has to make massive strides this year and I expect him to.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 04:16 PM)
Hawkins tools are off the charts. He has so much upside and I think it is a mistake to right him off. He has a high bust rate. Another year like last year and he'll be completely removed from any list (regardless of potential). He has to make massive strides this year and I expect him to.

Not sure if it's been discussed, but Hawkins appears to have been at the hitting camp a few days ago.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 07:35 PM)
Shocked Barnum hasn't made a list yet. He had a really nice September with a .914 OPS and a BB:K ratio of 7:10. I know it was an incredibly small sample size, but it's still a very promising sign IMO.

Another sleeper I'd go with is Rangel Ravelo. He had a really nice year at Winston-Salem and while his HR numbers leave a lot to be desired for a 1B, he demonstrated excellent gap power last season. He should start 2014 as a 22 year old in AA and maybe we'll start seeing some of those doubles turn into HRs in the near future.

I'm not that shocked. Hitting 5 home runs as a 1B prospect isn't going to turn many heads

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 10:16 AM)

I'm not giving up on Hawkins either, but the Sox aggressive High A assignment did him no favors. They should have had him in Kannapolis the entire season until he proved he was ready for such a promotion. Now it will be make or break for him in Winston Salem, but I do expect a huge improvement as he improves pitch recognition skills. If he can make a big stride this year and push for a AA promotion late in the year his development will be back on track.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jan 24, 2014 -> 11:02 AM)
I'm not that shocked. Hitting 5 home runs as a 1B prospect isn't going to turn many heads

That's over 56 games and he was recovering from an injury. Barnum is probably a 45-50 in contact with a 65-70+ power. The key with him is getting it going this year, as he got better as the year went on.