Grab a SP now

TheFutureIsNear

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 10:03 PM)
I'm assuming he means John Danks, but his response is still off.

I'm fully aware. Saying that signing a pitcher now allows you to move John Danks is like the Angels saying signing Jose Abreu allows them to move Albert Pujols. Yeah, I guess, maybe, on some weird level that's true, but you aren't just going to move a guy like that.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 28, 2014 -> 08:37 AM)
I wonder if any other MLB club has a message board with 43 pages dedicated to the intricacies and nuances of adding Erwin Santana or Jimenez?

After their team's GM has come out and said he won't be signing either one.

“I’m pretty abreast of what’s going on, and Rick does an incredible job of staying in contact with us,’’ said Peavy, who is said to be wanted by the Red Sox, Cardinals, Athletics and probably more. “Just being professional, letting us know kind of how things stand. If something does happen, I’m not going to be caught off-guard by it.

“If you get moved now, you’re going to a contender. If I got moved in the winter, you’d be going to a team that was hoping to upgrade and be a contender. I’ve said I want to be on a winning team. I’ve said I hope that’s here. If I get moved, I hope it’s to a team that’s in the thick of things. That’s all you can ask for.’’

July 24th

www.suntimes.com/sports

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 28, 2014 -> 09:08 AM)
“I’m pretty abreast of what’s going on, and Rick does an incredible job of staying in contact with us,’’ said Peavy, who is said to be wanted by the Red Sox, Cardinals, Athletics and probably more. “Just being professional, letting us know kind of how things stand. If something does happen, I’m not going to be caught off-guard by it.

“If you get moved now, you’re going to a contender. If I got moved in the winter, you’d be going to a team that was hoping to upgrade and be a contender. I’ve said I want to be on a winning team. I’ve said I hope that’s here. If I get moved, I hope it’s to a team that’s in the thick of things. That’s all you can ask for.’’

July 24th

www.suntimes.com/sports

Jake Peavy really is one of my favorite players of the past 10-15 years. He has the absolute best attitude you could ever hope for out of an athlete.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 28, 2014 -> 09:00 AM)
As opposed to the other two that pop up...

Whether with Sox or not, Peavy wants to play for contender

Peavy: 'I will go play anywhere to win'

How is that asking to be traded? You stated the White Sox don't trade veterans unless they ask to be traded.

Except not really. It is in the Sox MO to protect their veterans wishes. They don't trade those guys unless they want to go. That is why Peavy wasn't moved until he basically asked in public to go.

Did Matt Thornton ask to be traded? Did Jim Thome ask to be traded? Did Jose Contreras ask to be traded? Did Aaron Rowand ask to be traded? Did Jon Garland ask to be traded?

Except for Sale, Hahn at Soxfest, said any player with over 3 years experience could be traded. It must be a very unhappy organization if they have all asked out.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 28, 2014 -> 09:24 AM)
How is that asking to be traded? You stated the White Sox don't trade veterans unless they ask to be traded.

Except not really. It is in the Sox MO to protect their veterans wishes. They don't trade those guys unless they want to go. That is why Peavy wasn't moved until he basically asked in public to go.

Did Matt Thornton ask to be traded? Did Jim Thome ask to be traded? Did Jose Contreras ask to be traded? Did Aaron Rowand ask to be traded? Did Jon Garland ask to be traded?

Except for Sale, Hahn at Soxfest, said any player with over 3 years experience could be traded. It must be a very unhappy organization if they have all asked out.

Actually they did go to Jim Thome and asked him if he wanted to finish the season with a contender, he said OK, and they worked out the deal with the Dodgers.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 28, 2014 -> 09:30 AM)
Actually they did go to Jim Thome and asked him if he wanted to finish the season with a contender, he said OK, and they worked out the deal with the Dodgers.

That year, Olney reported the White Sox sent out a memo to all teams saying their veterans were available in trade. Thome was traded at the September deadline. The White Sox had to get his permission because of a NTC. He didn't ask to be traded, and could have said no, but it was for one month to a contender.

In fact, Thome wanted out so bad, he wanted to come back in 2010 for $1 million. Then Ozzie said no.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 28, 2014 -> 09:37 AM)
That year, Olney reported the White Sox sent out a memo to all teams saying their veterans were available in trade. Thome was traded at the September deadline. The White Sox had to get his permission because of a NTC. He didn't ask to be traded, and could have said no, but it was for one month to a contender.

lol. I love it when you spin. This thread has been a massive fail for the Santana/Jimenez stuff, which is why you steered it this way. Honestly it needs to be closed.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 28, 2014 -> 09:41 AM)
lol. I love it when you spin. This thread has been a massive fail for the Santana/Jimenez stuff, which is why you steered it this way. Honestly it needs to be closed.

A new low for you. See you're wrong, try to spin it that someone else was, then close the thread.