CONGRATULATIONS JM, YOU ARE A MORON!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

HMMN Lets see here. Should I start Mark Burhle against the Yank-Mees or some unproven rookie? WOW. I can always start the rook against the s***ty demoralized Rangers but I think I will start him against the been routed twice in a row in front of the home crowd and very pissed off and looking for payback Yank-mees. Yeah, that's what I'll do because I'm Jerry Manuel and I am a blithering idiot.

I didn't know a win against the Yankees meant more than a win against the Tigers. last time I checked, they are both wins and have the same impact on the standings, which is what we are looking at, correct?

I didn't know a win against the Yankees meant more than a win against the Tigers.  last time I checked, they are both wins and have the same impact on the standings, which is what we are looking at, correct?

The idea is to try to win both games so thats why you send the rook against the s***ty Tigers and send out Burly-mon against the 1st place team.

The idea is to try to win both games so thats why you send the rook against the s***ty Tigers and send out Burly-mon against the 1st place team.

Winning series is what it's all about. It's not a guarantee that we would have won today if Buehrle would have gone. If Mark goes today and we loose, that means we would have been looking at Cotts tomorrow. I feel real good knowing Buehrle is going tomorrow now and that Detroit will face 2 of our studs, just like the Yankees did. Sweeping series in this league, let alone the Yankees, is very tough. Grab a clue.

The one thing is...if the Sox come back today and then win tomorrow the outcome is the same.

Buehrle could of lost today and Cotts could of lost yesterday. Its so hard to tell. The Sox handled this wrong, but for starting go with the better pitcher as long as he feels right. If he doesn't, then thats that and go with Cotts. He's a quality youngster. Ya he struggled but s*** happens.

Rocket and Boomer struggled too.

but in a playoff race, you have to try to win any game you can. with Buehrle going tomorrow, we have a VERY good chance of winning one game.

with Buehrle going today and Cotts going tomorrow, we have two decent shots at winning.

but in a playoff race, you have to try to win any game you can.  with Buehrle going tomorrow, we have a VERY good chance of winning one game.

with Buehrle going today and Cotts going tomorrow, we have two decent shots at winning.

Good point, but maybe JM was trying to avoid a 2 game slide? As tough as it is in this league to sweep teams, if Buehrle takes the loss today, tomorrow doesn't look so bright with Cotts on the mound. Nothing is guaranteed, that is why you play the games.

but in a playoff race, you have to try to win any game you can.  with Buehrle going tomorrow, we have a VERY good chance of winning one game.

Good point, but maybe JM was trying to avoid a 2 game slide? As tough as it is in this league to sweep teams, if Buehrle takes the loss today, tomorrow doesn't look so bright with Cotts on the mound. Nothing is guaranteed, that is why you play the games.

Oh wow, so if that's true then he already wrote off this game before the 1st pitch and is trying to avoid a 2 game slide before we lost anything. Another example of Jerry's "Killer Instinct". How can we go wrong with this disaster running things?

Oh wow, so if that's true then he already wrote off this game before the 1st pitch and is trying to avoid a 2 game slide before we lost anything. Another example of Jerry's "Killer Instinct". How can we go wrong with this disaster running things?

I'm just speculating, JM didn't say this. Dave Wills just repeated these same thoughts on the Sox post game show. If Buehrle takes the loss today, there's extra pressure on Cotts tomorrow. Let's hope to get some help from the Rangers and Angels tonight.

This is exactly right. The goal is to win 2 games. What JM was saying is he didn't have enough confidence in Buerhle to beat Mussina, so in essence he conceded today's game. The goal should be to win today and tomorrow, the best way to do that is Buerhle vs.NY Cotts vs. Det. This was a gutless move by JM which could backfire into something far more serious. On a positive note, Wright pitched well, and the Sox had a chance at the end.

Hey man.  If u got a chance to sweep the Yanks in Ny u take it.  U put the whole league on notice when u do that.  The Yanks r struggling and u give them the perfect medicine in a rookie pitcher who can't throw strikes.  I like our chances with Buehrle out there.  Hell Dan Wright shut em down for 5 innings.

Couldn't had said it better . Manuels a Moooooooooron !

Guest hotsoxchick1
HMMN Lets see here.  Should I start Mark Burhle against the Yank-Mees or some unproven rookie?  WOW.  I can always start the rook against the s***ty demoralized Rangers but I think I will start him against the been routed twice in a row in front of the home crowd and very pissed off and looking for payback Yank-mees.  Yeah, that's what I'll do because I'm Jerry Manuel and I am a blithering idiot.

oh heres another question to add fuel to your fire... tomorrow robertson is going for detroit.. whos a 0-0 pitcher... so let me ask... why would you waste the time and effort sending cotts against a team like the yanks, when he would have looked much better kicking the s*** out of the tigers against this guy......... :huh: i mean its not like he would have to face the likes of jeter and williams and giambi.. its only young, inge and whoever else is left on that team whos worth a s***, which isnt many........i really think jm f***ed up on this one today.....

This is exactly right. The goal is to win 2 games. What JM was saying is he didn't have enough confidence in Buerhle to beat Mussina, so in essence he conceded today's game. The goal should be to win today and tomorrow, the best way to do that is Buerhle vs.NY Cotts vs. Det. This was a gutless move by JM which could backfire into something far more serious. On a positive note, Wright pitched well, and the Sox had a chance at the end.

I couldn't disagree more. I was a very gutsy move by JM. And it backfired. So he's getting reamed. Which is why it was gutsy. He knew he was hanging himself out to dry if this happened. Yet, the man did what he thought was best for the team.

I couldn't disagree more.  I was a very gutsy move by JM.  And it backfired.  So he's getting reamed.  Which is why it was gutsy.  He knew he was hanging himself out to dry if this happened.  Yet, the man did what he thought was best for the team.

agree to a point.... it was a RISKY move by manuel to play cotts today.... and it didn't work out....

but hell, you cant call jerry an idiot without directing some criticism at neal cotts...

after all, he is the dude who walked four while retiring one and bumped his ERA to 8 plus.... frankly he sucked... big time... he is to blame for this loss....

agree to a point.... it was a RISKY move by manuel to play cotts today.... and it didn't work out....

but hell, you cant call jerry an idiot without directing some criticism at neal cotts...

after all, he is the dude who walked four while retiring one and bumped his ERA to 8 plus.... frankly he sucked... big time... he is to blame for this loss....

And Cottsy feels the same way .... He expressed that he felt bad about letting the team down.

oh heres another question to add fuel to your fire... tomorrow robertson is going for detroit.. whos a 0-0 pitcher... so let me ask... why would you waste the time and effort sending cotts against a team like the yanks, when he would have looked much better kicking the s*** out of the tigers against this guy......... :huh: i mean its not like he would have  to face the likes of jeter and williams and giambi.. its only young, inge and whoever else is left on that team whos worth a s***, which isnt many........i really think jm f***ed up on this one today.....

New theory. Maybe since Jerry knew we were going against a pitcher we had never seen before he figured that we would score less runs off of him then Mike Mussina, so he wanted to get Buehrle out there to give us the best chance of winning??? :lol:

New theory.  Maybe since Jerry knew we were going against a pitcher we had never seen before he figured that we would score less runs off of him then Mike Mussina, so he wanted to get Buehrle out there to give us the best chance of winning??? :lol:

your theory is another one that I like - as well as MB needed a nother day of rest, and every other reason advanced as to why Cotts yesterday. I am tired of the JM bashing.