State of the System series

NorthSideSox72

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 6, 2014 -> 11:56 PM)
Excellent stuff. I haven't kept up with the minors as much as I used to, so I now feel a lot more educated.

Yes, excellent as always. One nitpick would be no mention of Winiarski, who I think the org likes, and may make it to the South Side before several of the mentioned. He's well ahead of Molina in the hierarchy at this point, imo.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 09:35 PM)
Yes, excellent as always. One nitpick would be no mention of Winiarski, who I think the org likes, and may make it to the South Side before several of the mentioned. He's well ahead of Molina in the hierarchy at this point, imo.

Thanks, and yeah you're right on Winiarksi. Someone brought him up in the comments too. I should have included him but just overlooked him.

Also, I went back to the middle infielders and added Rondon, decided his glove alone makes him notable enough.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 07:37 AM)
Thanks, and yeah you're right on Winiarksi. Someone brought him up in the comments too. I should have included him but just overlooked him.

Also, I went back to the middle infielders and added Rondon, decided his glove alone makes him notable enough.

Cool. Yeah, just gotta hope Rondon can hit enough.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 08:35 AM)
And Starting Pitching

Will possibly do some kind of recap/system overview type post to round out the series, but otherwise this will be the last... until next year.

I can't believe how many names I hadn't heard of. At least 3 or 4 on that list. Didn't realize I was quite so out of the loop. Thanks Jeff. Again, excellent stuff.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 11, 2014 -> 05:24 AM)
I can't believe how many names I hadn't heard of. At least 3 or 4 on that list. Didn't realize I was quite so out of the loop. Thanks Jeff. Again, excellent stuff.

Thanks, and yeah there were a bunch of lower minors guys that seemingly came out nowhere last year. A few of them may be marginal prospects, but they're all at least semi interesting.