I think Frank needs some attention

bmags

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 09:27 AM)
Buehrle implies Maddux has cheated his whole career and this board probably stands up in applause. Frank says this, an offhanded comment, and here it's "whoops he's getting out of line again"

DBL STANDARD

Some people just choose the ostrich stance when it comes to Frank.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 06:37 PM)
No wonder atheletes stick to cliches. Anything slightly controversial or out of the ordinary and the guy takes a beating.

I think it's more the fact that he said something stupid.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 12:58 PM)
I think it's more the fact that he said something stupid.

Sounds stupid to you but suppose there is some merit in it. Even if he is talking off the top of his head we all know how baseball loves the longball. Baseball becomes like soccer with low scoring games with billions of entertainment dollars at stake.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 12:20 PM)
Some people just choose the ostrich stance when it comes to Frank.

It's more comfortable on the neck. Otherwise, you get whiplash from shaking your head so much.

QUOTE (Tex @ Apr 11, 2014 -> 03:37 PM)
Do we know if Frank writes his own tweets? He just doesn't seem like a Twitter guy to me.

He's used twitter a lot to promote Big Hurt Beer, he could be paying someone, but if so, that person is also dumb to write something like that.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 09:27 AM)
Buehrle implies Maddux has cheated his whole career and this board probably stands up in applause. Frank says this, an offhanded comment, and here it's "whoops he's getting out of line again"

DBL STANDARD

Just like the Bonds vs. Ortiz debate. Nice guys get treated better. A pain the the rear is treated like a pain in the rear. It's the Dave Kingman treatment.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 12:37 PM)
No wonder atheletes stick to cliches. Anything slightly controversial or out of the ordinary and the guy takes a beating.

If you say something in a public forum, expect some people to attack. I'm sure some agree with him but those people usually don't comment. In today's society eveybody thinks their opinion needs to be heard.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 11, 2014 -> 10:44 AM)
Just like the Bonds vs. Ortiz debate. Nice guys get treated better. A pain the the rear is treated like a pain in the rear. It's the Dave Kingman treatment.

I've never gotten why Frank is seen as a destructive personality. Yes he has said some things he'd like back. These are jocks. We watch games where the absolute best jocks are all thrown together. They are going to say dumb things, as it is what jocks do.

If we want a collection of the best mannered getting awards for good manners..i dont know where i turn instead. Westminister Dog Show on USA?

With some MLB guys, it's a sickness (Milton B., Belle) but Frank is so far from that category that i worry 0 about this and always have left it to others to prattle on about it.

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Apr 11, 2014 -> 10:49 AM)
I've never gotten why Frank is seen as a destructive personality. Yes he has said some things he'd like back. These are jocks. We watch games where the absolute best jocks are all thrown together. They are going to say dumb things, as it is what jocks do.

If we want a collection of the best mannered getting awards for good manners..i dont know where i turn instead. Westminister Dog Show on USA?

He wasn't destructive just not very kind or friendly in public. He has every right to do that. He is just a controversial personality in that area.