Electric Lawn Mower

JUSTgottaBELIEVE

Bought a Kobalt 40V electric trimmer/edger yesterday at Lowe's. They had them marked down to $129 w/ battery and charger, which makes the tool itself basically free. I took it to the register and the little prick didn't believe the price, and charged me $149. Since there was a line forming, I said, I'll just pay rather than argue with you. So I paid, and then went back and took the picture of the marked down price and went to customer service. The manager on duty marked it down and gave me an additional 10% off for my troubles.

Excited to use it this morning. Have been mowing for the last month and a half or so, but didn't have the edger so it's starting to get scrappy looking.

If I like this tool, I'll move into some of the other Kobalt 40V tools, particularly the blower and the hedger. I have these tools in corded versions, but with the size of my property they are fairly useless.

Thus far I've invested about $725 in tools to care for the lawn. I've avoided two months of landscaping payments for a total of $650, so these things are paying for themselves very quickly.

Edited by iamshack

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (myrlage @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 10:43 PM)
Bought the same lawn mower at home depot. I had 2 mins before the store closed and a guy standing there told me he owned it and loved it. About 3 weeks later I about did the same thing to a .prospective buyer.. AND my father in law when picking his up someone said, "oh, that's the best lawn mower!". In my lawn biz i had a cheap $200 mower and it would break every 2-3 years, but I wish I would have gone with this Honda for our biz.The double blade mulch is the ultimate!

Why was the link in the quoted post changed?