AL Wildcard Race

flavum

Royals lost

KC 86-72 (4 at Sox)

Oak 86-72 (4 at Tex)

Sea 83-75 (1 at Tor, 3 vs LAA)

Cle 83-76 (off, 3 vs TB)

Tigers AL Central Magic Number is 3. They play four in Minnesota.

Royals should probably celebrate when they clinch the WC, but they'll be playing hard to host the A's. Royals hold the tie-breaker over the A's.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 25, 2014 -> 02:43 AM)
Royals lost

KC 86-72 (4 at Sox)

Oak 86-72 (4 at Tex)

Sea 83-75 (1 at Tor, 3 vs LAA)

Cle 83-76 (off, 3 vs TB)

Tigers AL Central Magic Number is 3. They play four in Minnesota.

Royals should probably celebrate when they clinch the WC, but they'll be playing hard to host the A's. Royals hold the tie-breaker over the A's.

I know teams celebrate like crazy when they win the wildcard. If I'm Ned Yost, however, I give this speech as the bubbly is being sprayed in the visitor's locker room at the Cell.

"Men ... congratulations. It's been 29 f***ing years in Kansas City, but you men are in the playoffs! Congratulations. Men ... celebrate all you want but remember all we're guaranteed is one postseason game. Be proud but be smart. Men we have more work to do!!!!"

That's my speech lest they get so drunk and happy they get blitzed by experienced Oakland, 11-1 in the one-game playoff.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 25, 2014 -> 11:12 AM)
Tough predicament. I want the Royals to win the division but that means sweeping the Sox.

How do others feel about it?

I would be completely fine with the White Sox losing out. I want to make sure we stay in front of Philly and Cincy in the draft and we could easily catch the Cubs if we lose out.

Not a fan of rooting for them to lose. I want them to win at least one more to avoid losing 90+ in back to back years.

If they are going to win one, win it on Saturday, as I'll be there to say goodbye to PK.

Also, anytime there is a chance to give the Royals fits, I'm all for it F### the Royals.

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Sep 25, 2014 -> 05:48 PM)
Not a fan of rooting for them to lose. I want them to win at least one more to avoid losing 90+ in back to back years.

If they are going to win one, win it on Saturday, as I'll be there to say goodbye to PK.

Also, anytime there is a chance to give the Royals fits, I'm all for it F### the Royals.

Damn 90 losses two years in a row sickens me just a decade off our WS title.

So today could create a mess, if I'm reading it right.

If the Royals and Seattle win w/ Detroit and A's losing, doesn't that create a match up on Monday between KC/Dtroit with the winner going to the ALDS and the loser going to the WC game between the winner of A's/Seattle? Or am I wrong?

Post season may end on Thanksgiving. Not really, but you know what I mean.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 28, 2014 -> 07:36 AM)
So today could create a mess, if I'm reading it right.

If the Royals and Seattle win w/ Detroit and A's losing, doesn't that create a match up on Monday between KC/Dtroit with the winner going to the ALDS and the loser going to the WC game between the winner of A's/Seattle? Or am I wrong?

Post season may end on Thanksgiving. Not really, but you know what I mean.

The one nice thing about the 2 days off is that the extra games shouldn't delay things.