White Sox Interactive

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 01:07 PM)
Ya, I'm pretty sure that was 04.

Anyways that 03 team after they traded for Robbie and Carl was so damn talented and nothing. The offense was loaded, we had 3 of the best starting pitchers in the league and Damaso/Flash were absolutely unhittable aaaaand nothing. If it wasn't for 05 I'd still be super, super pissed about 03.

Jose Paninagua year right? First game of a huge late series w/ the twins - he comes in - we lose - we get swept.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SnB @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 01:36 PM)
Jose Paninagua year right? First game of a huge late series w/ the twins - he comes in - we lose - we get swept.

The only game he pitched for the White Sox and the last game he pitched in a major league uniform. I remember a lot of us were really excited about that move because it seemed like such a perfect low risk, high reward move.

The Sox actually won the game he pitched in, which is commonly forgotten because it seemed to spark the Twins, and they won the next 5 games against the Sox.

No matter what, 2008 was so awesome because it seemed like the Sox finally climbed and beat that hurdle of getting their asses kicked by the Twins. Then 2 years later with Kotsay and Thome and it was back to square one.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 02:01 PM)
This thread is a microcosm of what makes Soxtalk great. We got from WSI, to strange and disturbing, to Jose Paniagua, in under 100 posts.

#soxtalkrules

There is nothing strange nor disturbing about me taking my pants off.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 01:45 PM)
The only game he pitched for the White Sox and the last game he pitched in a major league uniform. I remember a lot of us were really excited about that move because it seemed like such a perfect low risk, high reward move.

The Sox actually won the game he pitched in, which is commonly forgotten because it seemed to spark the Twins, and they won the next 5 games against the Sox.

No matter what, 2008 was so awesome because it seemed like the Sox finally climbed and beat that hurdle of getting their asses kicked by the Twins. Then 2 years later with Kotsay and Thome and it was back to square one.

I was at the Blackout game and it was awesome, but I never got that feeling from 2008. That last week 3 game sweep in the Metrodome was miserable, then a coin toss put game 163 in Chicago. No way the Sox win in Minnesota. It was great to win the division, but seemed more luck than actually finally getting past the Twins.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 01:54 PM)
Man, Ncorg was quite the conspiracy theorist.

SS2k5, i am very disappointed to see you buying in.

he was not the only one, i will speak for myself. i can't remember

but i was listening as well i think.

the real problem at the very beginning was 1 poster who became mod

b/c he bought his way intp the site.

i also blame Jason for coming in at the right time to talk about this

site. it made leaving easier.

Edited by LDF