This team is depressing

Soxplosion

That game today made me puke. It was sad and depressing in every possible way it could be. First off, why the heck did Manuel leave Buehrle in so long? Buehrle was getting knocked around in the sixth. It could be argued he shouldnt have gotten out of that inning. Then he starts the next inning and ends up giving up a run before Sullivan came in. Bad managing. Then we had the two bases loaded, one out situations that we blew. Playoff teams dont blow those opportunities! Especially not when they have the heart of the lineup up like we did. Then why did Rowand get waved around in the ninth? What was Bruce Kimm thinking? Rowand was bustin his butt and it was obvious he was doomed at the plate. Now maybe because Harris was in there and hes not Everett with the bat, you wave him but if you hold him up, think about it. Rowand has speed, theres runners on second and third, one out and Harris at the plate. Since Harris isnt a good flyball hitter, you can put the squeeze on. I could see that working. Or if Daubach hadnt been completely wasted, you can bring him in and have him try to get one in the air. And of course, if Everett is in, just let him hit. That was stupid aggressive on Kimms part and it cost us. And how do you give up two homeruns to David Ortiz? Thats nothing to do with the managing, but two bombs, one go ahead and one game winning, to Ortiz is rather sad. And then there was Credes final AB. Great swing and I thought it was tied, I really hate when I get teased like that. He tried tho atleast. All in all, Im starting to question whether this team belongs in the playoffs...

it was pure baseball - the way it is is played - like life - ups and downs and who knows why decisions and things happen and nothing goes like you'd think - it was a great game, a typical game, and shows aagin why baseball is life

"life" happens to the Pirates and rays too. Thats doesnt mean they belong in the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Monday everybody was up when the Royals and Twins both lost

now everybody is down

one well pitched game and a strong series against the Twinkies next week is what the Sox need

kinda glad they have tomorrow off

maybe that John Thomson dude can shut down the Twinkies

I believe he will pitch one of the games

And we need the D'backs to stop the Royals tomorrow

Kimm ran on Manny Ramirez.

You wouldn't wave your runner against Manny "Sir Lawn Gnome" Ramirez? Kimm made the right call. s*** happens, and we're still in first place. Go make friends with a bottom of a cliff.

Fairweather fans are a joke.

Bulls***. Kimm did not make the right call. Even if Rowand had a shot at making it, you still don't send him. You then have runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. One flyball wins the game. We didn't execute earlier, but who says we won't execute in the 9th? If we don't, then the players suck, not the managers or coaches.

You wouldn't wave your runner against Manny "Sir Lawn Gnome" Ramirez? Kimm made the right call. s*** happens, and we're still in first place. Go make friends with a bottom of a cliff.

Bulls***. Kimm did not make the right call. Even if Rowand had a shot at making it, you still don't send him. You then have runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. One flyball wins the game. We didn't execute earlier, but who says we won't execute in the 9th? If we don't, then the players suck, not the managers or coaches.

Exactly.

Oh give me a break. Have you not seen Manny Ramirez play left field? I could play left field better than Manny for crying out loud. You cannot blame Kimm for this loss, he did the right thing.

Oh give me a break. Have you not seen Manny Ramirez play left field? I could play left field better than Manny for crying out loud. You cannot blame Kimm for this loss, he did the right thing.

I saw Manny Ramirez play LF tonight....he is quite possibly the biggest piece of s*** out there. He's worse then Carlos Lee prior to this year. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the fact that you don't try to be over-agressive in a situation like that. You play it as safe as you can. What Kimm did was stupid.

I saw Manny Ramirez play LF tonight....he is quite possibly the biggest piece of s*** out there. He's worse then Carlos Lee prior to this year. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the fact that you don't try to be over-agressive in a situation like that. You play it as safe as you can. What Kimm did was stupid.

Eh, I would have ran Rowand, but that's just me. To me, I'd rather take my chances with Manny Ramirez fielding than Willie Harris batting.

Eh, I would have ran Rowand, but that's just me. To me, I'd rather take my chances with Manny Ramirez fielding than Willie Harris batting.

I guess we'll just agree to disagree then. Because if we hold Rowand, we can then send Willie up to the plate. We then see if they want to walk Willie to get to Konerko to try to set up the DP, and if they don't, we have Harris step out of the box, and take him out and put Rios in(and he can hit a flyball better then anyone on the team I think...don't know how many times I've seen him do that). They walk Rios, we have a hot Paul Konerko up.

To me, holding Rowand was win-win.

Lets not hijack my thread but I dont have a college football team. I like Penn State a bit but I only watch games for the football, not the standings or winners. I like the NFL...

My thread was hijaked.

Guest Ncorgbl

Anyone who finds baseball games between two playoff bound teams in September 'depressing' may want to consider another sport. This is exciting baseball, and the race we are in is the most exciting, competitive baseball we've seen in a long time.

Far too many Sox fans are looking for our team to suddenly dominate the division, one which no one has dominated this season for more than a few days at a time. From here on out it will be as it's been, each day the standings will change, one up, one down, one in first the others a game or two out. It looks to go down to the final games, down to the wire, exciting, meaningful, competitive baseball, not for the feint of heart. Each game crucial.

It's September 4th, 23 games to go and each game will be more 'edge of the seat' than last night and more as each game is played. This is a classic, good old fashioned pennant race with 3 cities still in the hunt to the end, the very best entertainment in baseball, no one dominant over the other, no one in a boring cake walk. For those who cannot handle a great pennant race, can't stomach the excitement, don't appreciate the competitiveness, or find it depressing, the Bears start on Sunday.