Yet another "racial" confrontation with police, this time in

caulfield12

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 09:32 PM)
So, Mike Brown was following police instructions? Eric Garner was following police instructions? They were plainly NOT following police instructions. So from those instances, how is following police instructions more dangerous?

MY GOD! You are unbelieveable! Dude! Not following police instruction SHOULD NOT result in your death! That simple.

Mike Brown and Eric Garner were MURDERED by power-hungry cops for not following instructions, and that is an outrage, a travesty. It makes America look like a third world country when unarmed citizens are killed by the police for disobedience.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 11:00 PM)
Even based solely on the video before the girl's friends ran back toward him he should have been placed on a lengthy unpaid leave, if not canned. Inexcusable and stupid. There were plenty of other cops visible in the video, and they weren't freaking out like this guy.

And good for the two cops for running up as soon as the guy pulled out his gun, but why weren't they calming down before?

He was their superior.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 11:00 PM)
MY GOD! You are unbelieveable! Dude! Not following police instruction SHOULD NOT result in your death! That simple.

Mike Brown and Eric Garner were MURDERED by power-hungry cops for not following instructions, and that is an outrage, a travesty. It makes America look like a third world country when unarmed citizens are killed by the police for disobedience.

Without wanting to rehash the whole thing, there was some conflicting evidence for Brown, but the way the indictment was handled was bush league. He should have been indicted, if not for the prosecutor trying to defend Wilson. Garner was unbelievable.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 11:06 PM)
Without wanting to rehash the whole thing, there was some conflicting evidence for Brown, but the way the indictment was handled was bush league. He should have been indicted, if not for the prosecutor trying to defend Wilson. Garner was unbelievable.

Yea, not trying to rehash things as well, but it was sickening how the prosecuter was basically defending Wilson as well. That's a huge conflict of interest, in my opinion. Prosecutors should be charging everyone, even cops, judges, etc. If a prosecutor cannot be impartial and prosecute people who need to be prosecuted, such as killer cops, then the system is seriously broken.

So, you now know the state of mind of the cops in both incidents? Murder: noun

1. Law. the killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in law. In the U.S., special statutory definitions include murder committed with malice aforethought, characterized by deliberation or premeditation or occurring during the commission of another serious crime, as robbery or arson (first-degree murder) and murder by intent but without deliberation or premeditation (second-degree murder)

And which is it? Are they more likely to be killed by listening to cops like Caufield suggested or Not listening to cops as we saw in the two incidents I mentioned? Jesus f*** some of you are just so dense when it comes to anything here. Because I pointed out two instances where not listening to the cops resulted in a death does not mean I endorse or condone the actions. Where have I ever said that not following police instructions SHOULD result in your death? I didn't.

Good to see they fired the cop. The guy who fired the cop said the other cops acted tremendously and this cop just plain screwed up and escalated the situation.

This outcome was perfect. That cop just plain f***ed up and got fired for it. Kneeing that girl in the back was ridiculous and pulling her hair, etc., just appalling. Cops need to get their acts together!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 01:24 AM)
Good to see they fired the cop. The guy who fired the cop said the other cops acted tremendously and this cop just plain screwed up and escalated the situation.

This outcome was perfect. That cop just plain f***ed up and got fired for it. Kneeing that girl in the back was ridiculous and pulling her hair, etc., just appalling. Cops need to get their acts together!

resigned =/= fired

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 09:09 AM)
resigned =/= fired

Based on the police chief stating that this was indefensible and that he had 12 officers on site and 11 performed according to their training, this seems like one of those "if you don't resign you're going to be fired and that will look a lot worse if you try to get an additional job" moments.

Also worth noting that had any of us done that to a 14 year old girl we'd be facing assault charges, so let's see if any of those are actually brought.

http://news.yahoo.com/mckinney-police-offi...-190534788.html

Bishkin said Casebolt had worked one suicide and one attempted suicide in the hour prior to being dispatched to the pool party that reportedly involved teens fighting.

“The nature of these two suicide calls took an emotional toll on Eric Casebolt,” Bishkin said at a Wednesday afternoon news conference.

Now I know from the rhetoric flying around here on these situations that most law enforcement personnel are going to say that's part of the job, you know it going in and to use it as an excuse after the fact is convenient...if anything, I would think dealing with that kind of a (suicide) situation would make more MORE likely not to want to use deadly force and work out things by talking more amicably, but that's just me.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 11, 2015 -> 12:59 AM)

Bishkin said Casebolt had worked one suicide and one attempted suicide in the hour prior to being dispatched to the pool party that reportedly involved teens fighting.

“The nature of these two suicide calls took an emotional toll on Eric Casebolt,” Bishkin said at a Wednesday afternoon news conference.

Now I know from the rhetoric flying around here on these situations that most law enforcement personnel are going to say that's part of the job, you know it going in and to use it as an excuse after the fact is convenient...if anything, I would think dealing with that kind of a (suicide) situation would make more MORE likely not to want to use deadly force and work out things by talking more amicably, but that's just me.

Great post, caulfield. It's hard for me to understand how that cop could be such a clown, especially in this day and age of cellphone cameras. He HAD to be fired for his assault of that young girl in the bikini. That was flat out wrong and bizarre and fricking crazy behavior. That cop would have been smarter to destroy the kid's cellphone who was filming it. Looks like just one person filmed it.

p.s. Just read on cnn the community is in an uproar and wants to charge him with assault of a minor. They don't think the resignation is enough. I think firing him is enough only because those two kids (sort of) charged behind him for a second when he was roughing up the bikini clad teen. Normally I'd say charge him with a crime as well but I think in this case getting fired is enough.

Edited by greg775

:lol:

Clue bus has left the building..and you missed it!

Edited by Cknolls

If Mike Brown was murdered, then every gun death in this country is a murder and there is no such thing as a self-defense justification, cop or otherwise.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 06:59 PM)

Highlighted.

Different people react differently under different pressures and different situations.

These cops are way too trigger happy. Nobody will ever convince me they can't use better judgment and taze people in some of these situations rather than shoot them. Glad this hyper cop got his ass fired and hope more cops get kicked to the curb for over zealousness.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 11, 2015 -> 03:11 PM)
These cops are way too trigger happy. Nobody will ever convince me they can't use better judgment and taze people in some of these situations rather than shoot them. Glad this hyper cop got his ass fired and hope more cops get kicked to the curb for over zealousness.

greg775 Translator: Generalization, grumble, mumble, more generalizations, rabble rabble. Grrrrr. I'm angry.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 11, 2015 -> 08:28 PM)
greg775 Translator: Generalization, grumble, mumble, more generalizations, rabble rabble. Grrrrr. I'm angry.

Why can't they taze? Oh I know. It's not assured the taze will work 100 percent of the time. So they need to shoot bullets. Give me a break. The tazer will work.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 11, 2015 -> 03:51 PM)
Why can't they taze? Oh I know. It's not assured the taze will work 100 percent of the time. So they need to shoot bullets. Give me a break. The tazer will work.

There are situations in which a tazer is fine, and there are situations in which they're not. This isn't black and white. Also, you'd be screaming if the cops tazed someone and they somehow died or suffered other complications from the tazer, because the cop should be psychic and know the person had some sort of dormant condition.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 11, 2015 -> 05:22 PM)
There are situations in which a tazer is fine, and there are situations in which they're not. This isn't black and white. Also, you'd be screaming if the cops tazed someone and they somehow died or suffered other complications from the tazer, because the cop should be psychic and know the person had some sort of dormant condition.

And in the case of a dozen cops talking to people by a pool, neither of them is fine. OR necessary. As shown by the other 11 policemen on the scene.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2015 -> 04:28 PM)
And in the case of a dozen cops talking to people by a pool, neither of them is fine. OR necessary. As shown by the other 11 policemen on the scene.

And I wouldn't disagree with you, but this is a rational thought.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2015 -> 10:28 PM)

Exactly. The other 11 cops acted professionally. The moron who got fired looked like he was on drugs. I don't understand why some cop-backers in these many threads can't admit some of these cops have been trigger happy. I am not expecting too much when saying cops don't need to shoot people all the time just because a person is not obeying their orders. Personally I'd obey a cop at all times. When they stop me late at night driving home from work (thinking they've got a drunk driver) I'm polite as hell and they always let me go without a ticket when they claim I rolled a stop sign or turned in the wrong lane or something as an excuse to stop a potential drunk driver. I'd never show attitude. But those who do show attitudes shouldn't be stomped on like the 14 year old in the bikini. Cops need to show restraint or be shown the door.

p.s. I know somebody who used to work as a cop back in the day in Chicago and there were beatings galore. Just no cellphone cams. Some cops may wish those days were still here. They are not.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 05:18 PM)
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/teacher-fir...1365623792.html

Two teachers have now been fired for supporting the police officer and/or denigrating African-American kids.

People never learn about how to filter themselves at facebook and twitter.

Fired for wrongthink. Lovely.