*sigh* Here's another awful article...

oneofthemikes

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 01:31 PM)
I actually think Schwarber might end up the better hitter. So I don't care who the centerpiece of the deal is (between Bryan / Scwarber) but you need to give up a lot more then that. Castro can be part of the deal but if you include him, it is for payroll relief and has no value to negative value in grand scheme of the trade. A package of just Kyle and Castro doesn't work. It does work for Q though (probably not for the Cubs as I presume they aren't that desperate to get rid of Castro's contract).

I have been beating this drum for a little while now. He is a monster and I would LOVE to get Schwarber in a Sox uni somehow.

Some more defense from the writer.

What would you want from the Cubs to make this deal, Patrick? Don't forget, I proposed this deal to several Sox fans and not one of them made the comments the readers have left here. Not one! Perhaps the people responding have an over-inflated value for Sale when you consider what I wrote, including the possibility of injury. Pitchers are at far more risk for injury than position players.

His Sox fan friends must be imaginary or complete morons.

Mark, why would the Cubs offer both Schwarber and Bryant, who was already an All-Star this year? There are others in the minors the Cubs could offer, but outside of Schwarber, you aren't going to get any of the rookies currently in the majors. What if a Gleyber Torres was added to the trade? He's already killing it in A ball and he's only 18.

If we aren't gonna get any rookie currently in the majors, then you aren't gonna get Sale.