Alexei...Thank you for the memories

Chisoxfn

I realize a lot of this sentiment is already burried in the Alexei signs thread, but you know what, Alexei deserves his own thank you thread. He has been a very good shortstop and was a stellar signing for this club (averaging just shy of 3 WAR per year over an 8 year career). I always felt he gave it his all and will always appreciate the amazing plays the guy could make defensively. When I think of Alexei, I think of Hawk going "Alexeiii" in excitement after all of the amazing plays the dude made at short.

I hope he can extend his career in San Diego and wish him all the best!!!

I'll always remember when Konerko tossed a ball to a kid in-between the 6th/7th innings of a 2014 game, but this guy in his 40s took the ball from the kid. Alexei noticed this, got another ball, and personally delivered it to the kid. Class act, and very consistent numbers from season to season.

http://m.mlb.com/cws/video/v3573498/ramire...o-break-the-tie

His greatest moment with the Sox. I have a framed, autographed picture of this moment hanging on my wall. Picture was taken just after he dropped the bat when he has his hands up in the air.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 11:08 AM)
http://m.mlb.com/cws/video/v3573498/ramire...o-break-the-tie

His greatest moment with the Sox. I have a framed, autographed picture of this moment hanging on my wall. Picture was taken just after he dropped the bat when he has his hands up in the air.

:headbang :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :headbang

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 10:51 PM)
I will miss Alexei. Even if he frustrated us, he left it all on the field.

Alexei could be frustrating at times, but he gave us everything. And when things were good, Alexei's joy was contagious.

I'll always have a soft spot for him as the first MLB player I ever interviewed. I'll miss him and his big smile and wish him the best in San Diego.