FS: Draft Prospect Profile - 3B Alec Bohm

NorthSideSox72

3 hours ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

Another in our series of draft prospect previews, this one on Alec Bohm from Wichita State. Bohm has a top bat, but there are mixed opinions about his ability to stick at third base. He could be in play for the Sox at 4.

Wow, I love his swing. I'm no scout, but his hands seem lightning quick to me and it looks like he can get the barrel to any ball. Also liked seeing the change in 2 strike approach that led to a opposite field single (honestly that part was very reminiscent of Frank Thomas).

I could be wrong but I’d rather have Madrigal as first choice. I think pretty highly of Liberatore as well. Singer is probably safer too. This guy just seems like a Mark Reynolds, Mike Morse K Machine regardless of his hit tool FV. There questions about him sticking at 3B as well.

I saw this kid in person this year and he is a big tall boy with some room to fill out. He stood out physically as a man amongst boys and I saw him jack a HR against ECU. Looks to have all the tools offensively and he is just a big solid guy. Wouldnt mind getting him but I am no scout.

On 5/22/2018 at 7:46 PM, Replacement Level Poster said:

I could be wrong but I’d rather have Madrigal as first choice. I think pretty highly of Liberatore as well. Singer is probably safer too. This guy just seems like a Mark Reynolds, Mike Morse K Machine regardless of his hit tool FV. There questions about him sticking at 3B as well.

Why do you see him as a k machine?

28 minutes ago, bmags said:

Why do you see him as a k machine?

You know what I’m not sure. I guess it’s just a cognitive bias for me preferring one of the other guys, especially guys who are thought of as safer picks with impact talent as well. I’ve  seen his hit  tool FV at 50-55,  it sure how that translates to professional advanced pitching, or how long it will take for the hit tool to enable his best tool plus power. While I think the Bryant comps are probably off base, I would take a Troy Glaus career arch, big right, thumper corner IF guy in a second. 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2018 at 7:46 PM, Replacement Level Poster said:

Did you read the article? He seems nothing like what you are suggesting. He may not stick at 3B but there aren't many worries with the bat