Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ChiSox59

American Family Insurance Park?

Recommended Posts

In another chapter of the terrible ballpark name changes, Miller Park will be called American Family Insurance Park beginning in the 2021 season.

Awful.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hmm, thought you were going to say guaranteed rate was bought by american family insurance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to be fair, it is just a name change from one corporate sponsorship to another corporate sponsorship. It's not like it's Soldier Field having a name change.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

to be fair, it is just a name change from one corporate sponsorship to another corporate sponsorship. It's not like it's Soldier Field having a name change.

Yeah but Miller is a Milwaukee business, so it makes sense. And is a cool name, like Coors Field and Busch Stadium. 

  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

AmFam is a Madison company btw.  Insurance just isn't as sexy as beer.

Well they are named after beer, so it makes sense with Miller. AFI only makes it tough to get the money you need. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

Well they are named after beer, so it makes sense with Miller. AFI only makes it tough to get the money you need. 

True. somehow missed that connection. my brain is mush. at least its not called Milwaukee county stadium and doesn't look like Milwaukee county stadium.. that place was a dump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

In another chapter of the terrible ballpark name changes, Miller Park will be called American Family Insurance Park beginning in the 2021 season.

Awful.  

 

Based in Madison last I heard. You will have to get used to it but I was hoping for PBR Park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pcq said:

Based in Madison last I heard. You will have to get used to it but I was hoping for PBR Park. 

Yeah they have a huge hub in Madison, have some family members that work there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Yeah but Miller is a Milwaukee business, so it makes sense. And is a cool name, like Coors Field and Busch Stadium. 

Even better because it definitely connects with the team's nickname.

Though I guess indirectly but based on the marketing, Coors does the same with the Rockies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even when the G Spot was Comiskey, maybe half of fans just called it Sox Park. I'm not going to say "Guaranteed Rate Field" in casual conversation, just like I'm not going to say "PlayStation Fiesta Bowl." Nobody not being paid to a network broadcasting live sports says "Mercedes Benz Superdome." Call it Sox Park and everybody knows what you're talking about. But do Brewers fans have a secondary name for their stadium? Brewers Park? It's always been Miller. I'm sure street vendors will sell loads of "I still call it Miller Park" shirts, but other than that, I wonder how Brewers fans will take to the name change. Maybe they'll just say "going to the Am Fam." That's the problem with the newer stadiums, they don't have an old name that people can use by default.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Roughneck said:

Even when the G Spot was Comiskey, maybe half of fans just called it Sox Park. I'm not going to say "Guaranteed Rate Field" in casual conversation, just like I'm not going to say "PlayStation Fiesta Bowl." Nobody not being paid to a network broadcasting live sports says "Mercedes Benz Superdome." Call it Sox Park and everybody knows what you're talking about. But do Brewers fans have a secondary name for their stadium? Brewers Park? It's always been Miller. I'm sure street vendors will sell loads of "I still call it Miller Park" shirts, but other than that, I wonder how Brewers fans will take to the name change. Maybe they'll just say "going to the Am Fam." That's the problem with the newer stadiums, they don't have an old name that people can use by default.

People called it Sox Park because that was the official name for the first few years, and again from the early 60's to mid 70's it wasn't always officially Comiskey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×