2/24 Voldemort’s vs. ChiSox, 2 p.m.

caulfield12

51 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Rutherford with 3 hits now...although the Pads’ announcers have him down for 4/4.

They also keep bringing up how much Alonso and Jay helped in recruiting Manny to the Padres’ Organization.

White Sox 0-3 now, game ovah.  

Conclusion:  Chase Rutherford is our Bryce Harper, or at least Ryan Sweeney.

Is chase a nickname?

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Who's that infielder we had from Oklahoma State about 5-6 years ago that Hawk was always raving about?

Chance or Chase was his name?  I think he played 3B/1B, never really made it past AA successfully.

same last name

1 hour ago, oldsox said:

same last name

You guys are thinking of C.J. Retherford.    Close to the same last name as Blake Rutherford, but the second letter in C.J. last name is an “e” not a “u”.    I saw C.J. play a lot in the Az Fall League (AFL) several years ago.  In fact, he hit the game winning home run in the AFL championship game that year.  C.J. was primarily a second baseman in the AFL.  

Edited by Bubba P5

56 minutes ago, Bubba P5 said:

You guys are thinking of C.J. Retherford.    Close to the same last name as Blake Rutherford, but the second letter in C.J. last name is an “e” not a “u”.    I saw C.J. play a lot in the Az Fall League (AFL) several years ago.  In fact, he hit the game winning home run in the AFL championship game that year.  C.J. was primarily a second baseman in the AFL.  

Right.  He also played some 3B in our minor league system, was sort of their version of Herb Milkman Perry.