• Tim Anderson
    • Jose Abreu
    • Yoan Moncada
    • Alex Colome
    • James McCann
    • Kelvin Herrera
    • Other

1 hour ago, Harper2Sox said:

I would have preferred Harper/Machado, Gio Gonzalez, and whatever minor league signings Hahn wanted to make.  I didn’t see much point in signing a bunch of guys on one year deals if you didn’t land one of the two big names.

1. Yeah, no shit

2. The team still needed bodies. 

I think it'll be two of Tim, Yoan and Jose.  Hopefully Tim and Yoan as I don't really have a problem with Jose getting left out.  I worry about about Timmy falling off a cliff and his numbers being back in the .275/.300/.430 range come late June.  Maybe that's still good enough to make the ASG, but it'd be close.  

If Timmy and Yoan are both there, that is a very good sign that they've continued to play well.  

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

It may not look like this in June, but right now Carlos Santana has more hits, more walks, fewer strikeouts, higher batting average, higher OBP, higher OPS, and a higher wRC+.

Santana is the only real answer there, and even if he remains at this pace, Abreu would be the backup 

2 hours ago, mqr said:

1. Yeah, no shit

2. The team still needed bodies. 

2.  Why?  They were expected to be terrible again and are.  May as well play the Cordells, Tilsons, and Banueloses of the AAAA world and go for another top draft pick.

7 minutes ago, mqr said:

There's this guy, you may have heard of him, goes by Frank. Decent ballplayer, that guy.

In all seriousness though, they've had a position player start over 40 times and a pitcher 7 times. 

Yeah first one in 20+ years. Forgot to include prehistoric times. Theyve had some success with the last man spot though. And Sale, Loaiza and Buehrle recently started but presumably those were manager choices.