ozzie

CWSHarris1

Will ozzie make a difference to the sox?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Will ozzie make a difference to the sox?

• yes
    • No

Well, he is inexperienced but yet again his team is capable of winning 90+ games, all matters on Willie Harris stepping up at 2nd, Aaron Rowand in Center, and the Starting 5.

im not sure about wille though 2nd is not his place ozzie should do sumthin about that

I am firm believer that Jerry "the snore" Manuel was singlehandedly responsible for our failure to take the central last season. Throughout the year there were SO many times the Sox just looked like the walking dead out on that field, SO many times that he just made absolutely awful decisions, SO many different lineup cards, and it all translated into very few wins. I mean seriously, last season, minus the choke job against the Twinkies, ended on a decent note, the team was playing decent. But looking back at that first half, these guys were just miserable. I have no idea how JM wasn't fired in early June last season. If he'd been fired I can't help but think that we would have destroyed KC and MIN for the division title. Considering the talent that KW handed over to JM, there was absolutely no excuse that that team should have taken the weak Central. Now this season we're without our "stud" in Colon and without Everett. We're not as good of a team but I think that the fact that these players see hope again in Ozzie that most will perform to their potential. We'll see smart baseball again. Even with a poor decision here and there by Ozzie I think the team will pick up his slack and take this division. :headbang :headbang :headbang

the thing that worries me is that what we hired guillen under seems to be the same logic that went into hiring scott skiles...just because he's the opposite, doesn't mean he's the best choice...

They were both hired cuz they'd work a lot cheaper than an experienced manager/coach would have.

Money is THE only reason Cito Gaston isn't managing the Sox.

They were both hired cuz they'd work a lot cheaper than an experienced manager/coach would have.

Money is THE only reason Cito Gaston isn't managing the Sox.

And the fact that he has no fire, enthusiasm, drive, motivation, etc...

Ozzie wanted the job, went after it and got it. Gotta admire that.

KW didn't want another corpse like Gaston.

And the fact that he has no fire, enthusiasm, drive, motivation, etc...

Ozzie wanted the job, went after it and got it. Gotta admire that.

KW didn't want another corpse like Gaston.

I read that KW wanted Cito, but JR wanted Ozzie.

Cito may not be a high-energy-guy, but he has managed World Series winners!

The BlueJays wernt exactly a team that Cito had to get alot out of, those were really good teams he had. If the only thing you have on Ctio to make a case about him, is World Series experience, I would much rather have Oz, because like what everyone else says, I want to see some Fire, Passion, and Fun, out the Sox this year, not Mannuel part 2.

I agree...the Sox needed an ass-kicker!

Bobby Valentine was (is) available!!!

Im sure he will come back to the bigs after his contract is up, but he isnt going to leave Japan all the of the sudden, to take a job with some below average team, where he is is prob getting paid more in Japan. I heard he is making some pretty good money over there, plus, baseball is huge over there. He isnt in the worst situation.

I don't think my Sox are below average, dammit!

;)