So far the Twins have yet to play a team above 500

maggsmaggs

Considering this, that we have played the Yankee and Orioles a combined 13 times and went 7-6, and that the Twins have yet to played either one of them. Not to mention they still have to play a good Toronto team again. I'd say as long as we don't are within 5 games at the break, we win the division. After the break the Sox get the easy part of their schedule and the Twins get the hard part. Any thoughts?

The sox won't win this division until something is done with the lineup. Carlos or PK must go and if neither get traded ozzie must split them up in the lineup, because frank is always on base and then there are 2 automatic outs behind him.

The sox won't win this division until something is done with the lineup.  Carlos or PK must go and if neither get traded ozzie must split them up in the lineup, because frank is always on base and then there are 2 automatic outs behind him.

I think Mags and Frank should be switched back.

Frank will get his walks and then Mags can drive him in.

My bad :lol: , I must have skipped over them, when looking.  Anyway, my point remains we have had a harder schedule

That's debatable.

Off the top of my head the Sox have played the NYY and the Twins ANA. Those cancel out. Both have played Cleveland and KC, I think. The Sox have played TB and the Twins have played DET. DET is a much improved team and was >.500 when the Twins played them and DET is a better team than TB..... IMHO. SEA and TOR both sucked when the two respective teams played them. However, the Twins took care of their business with SEA while the Sox went 3-4 against a struggling TOR team. MIN went 1-2 against a decent OAK squad while the White Sox went 4-2 against a decent BAL team.

What does that all mean? Not sure..... but I think both schedules have been, when all the "+'s" and "-'s" are fairly discussed, equal.

That's debatable.

Off the top of my head the Sox have played the NYY and the Twins ANA. Those cancel out. Both have played Cleveland and KC, I think. The Sox have played TB and the Twins have played DET. DET is a much improved team and was >.500 when the Twins played them and DET is a better team than TB..... IMHO. SEA and TOR both sucked when the two respective teams played them. However, the Twins took care of their business with SEA while the Sox went 3-4 against a struggling TOR team. MIN went 1-2 against a decent OAK squad while the White Sox went 4-2 against a decent BAL team.

What does that all mean? Not sure..... but I think both schedules have been, when all the "+'s" and "-'s" are fairly discussed, equal.

yeah i agree i think there scedules have been very equal

don't the wins have a hard time with the yankees???

Twins v. Yanks during '03's regular season.....

YANKS-7

Twins-0

:headbang

I'll add on.

The past 14 times the Twins have played the Yanks in the regular season, the Twins have gone 0-14 in those games, and in the Twins last 18 games against the Yanks, they have gone 1-17 against them.

1-17. You wanna talk about f***ing pathetic :lolhitting

I never liked Stylish Carlos Lee.  Lets dump his ass first.

I agree very much so. I've been preaching it for a few weeks. And during that time, I've wanted Harris moved to CF, Rowand to LF, and I just assumed it would work out that one of them would stink and they'd be benched/sent down/traded and Reed would be called up. Well Rowand has done that without moving Lee.

It is definately time to trade Lee and demote Rowand, and time to get a glimpse of the future. Put Willie in CF, Uribe at 2B, Jose at SS, and Reed in LF, and we are looking good for atleast a little bit.