Crede

LDF

you know, i been trying to see or think how some players will do. when i came to crede, i noticed that he had some 12 hrs in 200 ab. that is nice to see, but only having only 8 walks in the same span bothers anyone?

Sure it does. But when he got up to the bigs last year, he cut down on that big swing fairly quickly. I'm sure they are already working with him on being selective.

you know, i been trying to see or think how some players will do. when i came to crede, i noticed that he had some 12 hrs in 200 ab. that is nice to see, but only having only 8 walks in the same span bothers anyone?

Rookies are gonna swing alot..... it's a fact of baseball life. Not to mention, the change in a breaking ball in the Majors is huge compared to what most guys throw in the Minors. Joe Crede will improve on his BB's/K's ratio this year. As YASNY said, cutting down on the big swing was priority one for the end last season. Pitch selection..... with a guy who hit 12 HR's in 200 AB's will be priority this season.

Rookies are gonna swing alot..... it's a fact of baseball life. Not to mention, the change in a breaking ball in the Majors is huge compared to what most guys throw in the Minors. Joe Crede will improve on his BB's/K's ratio this year. As YASNY said, cutting down on the big swing was priority one for the end last season. Pitch selection..... with a guy who hit 12 HR's in 200 AB's will be priority this season.

all what is said is true. i just wanted to start a good discussion

Crede's OB% was in the toilet last year. .311 that is terrible. Hopefully this year he lowers raises that. I am a believer in the statistical revolution, and based on ob% the sox are pretty weak at the top and bottom of the order. Luckily though, Jimenez showed signs at the end of the year, that he may be a good ob% guy. I think it the problem will resolve itself as Jimenez and Crede, and Rowand get more ab's.

He has cut down on his swing and has worked on his timing. he'll get some nice pitches to see batting behind the midle of the line-up. If he doesn't walk that much, that means he's making contact with the ball.

I would be suprised if Crede's OBP was very much higher than it was last year. With him hitting 7th in the line up and having Rowand and the catcher hitting behing him, he will be seeing a lot of fastballs, and not alot of offspeed stuff. In other words pitches to put into play, instead of pitches to walk on.

I would be suprised if Crede's OBP was very much higher than it was last year.  With him hitting 7th in the line up and having Rowand and the catcher hitting behing him, he will be seeing a lot of fastballs, and not alot of offspeed stuff.  In other words pitches to put into play, instead of pitches to walk on.

you may be right, however most players would love a menu of fastballs. that being said i think with such a couple of potent bats batting behind him, he will see garbage. if he is more selective his walks will increase if he gets it into his mind that he doesn't have to prove himself.

i would love to see him alternate at the #2 batting.

It'd be nice to have our young guys whack at least five hits apiece in the series against the crap Royals.

I know the series means nothing in the grand scheme, but it sure would be nice to win 2-3.

Or 3-3.

1-3 will be moderately annoying.

A Royals sweep will be bothersome.

I was watching and also happy to see that double.

That was nice.

Hopefully Crede will be fine.

That sucked when my boy Jose booted that routine grounder.

And it sucked to see De'Angelo go 0-for-4.

But it was just one rotten game.

No bright spots when we get three frickin hits.

Let's go Sox.

That was nice.

Let's go Sox.

Except that Buehrle pitched a helluva game....

....and lost

That was nice.

Let's go Sox.

We had 3 hard hit balls in the first inning. I thought we were going to light Hernandez up. Then, nothing. :(