'sup with Hermy??

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 31, 2005 -> 02:02 PM)
I know this was kinda touched on in other threads, but what's the truth about Hermy in yesterday's game? I heard Ozzie say that after warming up, he wasn't ready to go because he felt 'tight'. This seems rare to me, is it a cause for concern?  Anyone have an update?

I misheard it the same way. He was talking about Frank, and "Hermy" was Herm Schneider saying that Frank was too tight to keep playing. Hermanson's fine.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 31, 2005 -> 08:46 AM)
I misheard it the same way.  He was talking about Frank, and "Hermy" was Herm Schneider saying that Frank was too tight to keep playing.  Hermanson's fine.

If that's true then a whole lot of folks need to revise what they posted yesterday.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 31, 2005 -> 02:46 PM)
I misheard it the same way.  He was talking about Frank, and "Hermy" was Herm Schneider saying that Frank was too tight to keep playing.  Hermanson's fine.

I heard it this morning on AM 1000 and before they played Ozzie's quote, they said that Hermy was warming and then said he (Hermy) was tight and couldn't go.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 31, 2005 -> 10:57 AM)
I heard it this morning on AM 1000 and before they played Ozzie's quote, they said that Hermy was warming and then said he (Hermy) was tight and couldn't go.

You heard wrong.

They clarified later that Ozzie was talking to Herm Schneider about Frank Thomas.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 31, 2005 -> 02:46 PM)

When did they clarify this? Because all this morning they were playing the clip and Tom Shaer kept on saying that is why they didn't use Dustin Hermanson to close the game yesterday. I am not doubting you, but where did you hear this clarified at?

QUOTE(southsideirish @ May 31, 2005 -> 11:26 AM)
When did they clarify this? Because all this morning they were playing the clip and Tom Shaer kept on saying that is why they didn't use Dustin Hermanson to close the game yesterday. I am not doubting you, but where did you hear this clarified at?

Silvy & Carmen have been talking about it. They clarified the clip.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ May 31, 2005 -> 04:26 PM)

I never heard the clarification either and based on the quote I heard from Ozzie, clearly he must have been talking about Hermanson. I'd have to listen to it again.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ May 31, 2005 -> 11:31 AM)
Who the hell trusts them two idiots? I would like a better source than them 2.

Well, that's all I got. I haven't heard anyone else talking about it. They do work for ESPN 1000 though so it may not be them saying it, instead a producer for the Sox giving them the information and having them report it.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 31, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
Well, that's all I got. I haven't heard anyone else talking about it. They do work for ESPN 1000 though so it may not be them saying it, instead a producer for the Sox giving them the information and having them report it.

The same producers that gave Tom Schaer his information?

QUOTE(southsideirish @ May 31, 2005 -> 04:26 PM)

I don't know if they did. But if you listen to the quote in context (in the postgame yesterday), it's clear that Ozzie was only talking about Frank and Herm Schneider. Later in the postgame, a reporter asked about his use of the bullpen late, and he didn't say a thing about Hermanson being hurt. If you have Gameday Audio, you can listen to the archive -- Ozzie's press conference starts around 3:48 (??? -- something :48, anyway) in the audio, iirc.

I said yesterday in the post-game thread that Ozzie was saying Hermanson was hurt, so at least some of the misinformation on the board is my fault. And I issued my retraction after listening to it more closely last night, but I still feel bad for putting it out there in the first place. Apologies, everyone.