Time to revisit the attendance concerns

sox-r-us

DISCLAIMER - I CANNOT ATTEND SOX GAMES SINCE I LIVE ON THE WEST COAST. SO SAVE THE "YOU CANNOT SAY ANYTHING BECAUSE YOU DO NOT ATTEND GAMES BULL s***"

DISCLAIMER II - 99% OF THE FOLKS HERE, I BELIEVE, ARE HARD CORE, AND ATTEND AS MANY GAMES AS PERMISSIBLE, GIVEN EVERYONE'S CONSTRAINTS. SO THIS IS NOT A SHOT AT ANY OF YOU, SO SAVE ME THE LIST OF HOW MANY GAMES YOU HAVE BEEN TO ETC

==================

Now to the problem. WHY THE FOCK DO WE STILL HAVE ONLY 23K FOLKS ATTENDING ON A FRIDAY NIGHT????????????

Is it still cold? Is school still not out? Is it that since Indians do not have any of their bandwagon fans left, we cannot sell out? Is it that people rather spend on Star Wars? Is it the economy?

If we do not start filling out the park with the best record in baseball 1/3 into the season, when should we expect this????????????????

Considering the co-relation between what we spend and what we get at the gate, this is now a major issue, whether anyone is willing to admit to it or not.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 05:56 AM)
I don't care that you live on the west coast.  If you aren't going to Sox games yourself, you still have no right to b**** about the attendance.  It's pathetic.

I would not b**** if it did not have any effect on our ability to win games every year. Facts are it does, and I want my team to win every year, so b****ing about this is fair game. Nothing different than say b****ing about any of Ozzie's moves. Should only those people whohave coached be allowed to b**** about Ozzie too then in your opinion? The reason we keep experimenting with inconsistent boobs like Uribe and that 2B who just got cut by the Reds is because of our inability to pay for top talent every year. If we did nto have attendance issues, we would have Tejada currently instead of Uribe, and we would be looking at a pennant in Chicago guaranteed. Now, we have to hope and pray we can make the right moves every year.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 12:56 AM)
I don't care that you live on the west coast.  If you aren't going to Sox games yourself, you still have no right to b**** about the attendance.  It's pathetic.

yeah, 500 miles is nothing, it's only a 5 hour flight. or you could drive. leave today, be here for this series' finale.

I would not b**** if it did not have any effect on our ability to win games every year. Facts are it does, and I want my team to win every year, so b****ing about this is fair game. Nothing different than say b****ing about any of Ozzie's moves. Should only those people whohave coached be allowed to b**** about Ozzie too then in your opinion? The reason we keep experimenting with inconsistent boobs like Uribe and that 2B who just got cut by the Reds is because of our inability to pay for top talent every year. If we did nto have attendance issues, we would have Tejada currently instead of Uribe, and we would be looking at a pennant in Chicago guaranteed. Now, we have to hope and pray we can make the right moves every year.

Will b****ing about the attendance change a f***ing thing?

Nope.

So why even bother b****ing?

Edited by Jabroni

yeah, 500 miles is nothing, it's only a 5 hour flight.  or you could drive.  leave today, be here for this series' finale.

So because he can't make it to a Sox game, he should b**** about other people that may not be able to make it to a game either? That's pathetic. Period.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 04:03 PM)

We would have Tejada? :lolhitting

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 06:04 AM)
Will b****ing about the attendance change a f***ing thing?

Nope.

So why even bother b****ing?

So will b****ing about Ozzie change anything? So why even bother?

So will b****ing about Cruddy change anything? So why even bother?

So will b****ing about giving up BMac for Chavez change anything? So why even bother?

So will b****ing about Shingo change anything? So why even bother?

So will b****ing about Jizzcan change anything? So why even bother?

So will b****ing about Brantley change anything? So why even bother?

So will b****ing about Timo Focking Perez change anything? So why even bother?

So will b****ing about Paulie change anything? So why even bother?

So will b****ing about Dead change anything? So why even bother?

So will b****ing about Moronotti change anything? So why even bother?

So will b****ing about DJ change anything? So why even bother?

So will b****ing about Cotts change anything? So why even bother?

So will b****ing about corpseball change anything? So why even bother?

So will b****ing about Walker change anything? So why even bother?

So will b****ing about the Spankees losing to the Twinkies change anything? So why even bother?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 06:07 AM)
Yeah, I'm sure Reinsdorf would have loved to throw around that kind of money. :rolly

No doubt in my mind Kenny would get the best available if he had the resources. If you have doubts, you must not be paying attention to everything Kenny has been doing for a while now.

Back to the topic. Most people said we should not worry about attendance in April and May since the weather is cold, school is not yet out and people need to see for a while whether the Sox are for real. Those same people also said if these problems continued into the summer with us playing well and in first place, then it was time to be concerned.

So now I ask? How long do we wait before saying this is a problem?

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)
No doubt in my mind Kenny would get the best available if he had the resources. If you have doubts, you must not be paying attention to everything Kenny has been doing for a while now.

So would 29 other GM's.

Back to the topic. Most people said we should not worry about attendance in April and May since the weather is cold, school is not yet out and people need to see for a while whether the Sox are for real. Those same people also said if these problems continued into the summer with us playing well and in first place, then it was time to be concerned.

You wait until you move to Chicago. Even then you still have no right to b**** about the attendance.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)

:notworthy

I've been saying this. I didn't go today since it was my grandma's birthday, but I try to make it to every game I can(I'm still currently on pace for my 60). No one will answer it though. I think I got the answer.

When the Churros are made right in front of you from scratch, all tickets go on sale for 4 bucks, a stop is made for the Rock Island Metra so fans won't have to go though the "ghetto" and fans get a raffle to take home a player's car for the day

Edited by nitetrain8601

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)
So because he can't make it to a Sox game, he should b**** about other people that may not be able to make it to a game either?  That's pathetic.  Period.

I wouldn't call it pathetic. but like someone before me here said, a lot of this site is b****ing about Crede and Konerko, and dismissing anybody who even slightly supports either of those two. I jokingly said "righty-lefty" match-up to Timo batting for Frank in a game thread, and said Timo's .191 average offsets that, and you still jump all over me. so no talk about other people b****ing from you.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 06:21 AM)
You wait until you move to Chicago.  Even then you still have no right to b**** about the attendance.

So you conveniently skipped my post about "why b****" jabroni????

I expected more from you man. Why is this not a fair question to ask now?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 06:16 AM)
So would 29 other GM's.

Of course so would 29 other GMs, but we would have more of a realistic shot to get someone like him when he is on the market because we would actually have the $ to even talk to him. Right now, we do not even bother thinking about the ARods and Tejadas of the world because we are forced to get DeAngelo Jimenez and Juan focking Uribe because we do not have the $ to go after the studs. ANd the reason we do not have the $ is because we do not have the attendance other teams do (not the only reason but a big reason)

I am going to be really pissed if we let Garland go in the offseason because we do not have the $. We need to re-sign Garland, re-sign Frank (at a new contract, not the one that exists), replace Paulie with at least a decent 1B and replace Crede with a better 3B to continue to be competitive.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 06:34 AM)
It's just pointless to be brought up here.  The people on this board make it to the games whenever they can.  We have to be some of the more hardcore fans.  We're spending a great deal of our free time on a White Sox message board.  C'mon now.

I am not bringing it up here to point fingers at anyone. See my first post, disclaimer #2. I am bringing it up to solicit opinions on what could the real reason be? With every passing day, every reason thrown before (weather, attendance, lack of winning team, lack of confidence the team will continue to win, non-friendly park, upper deck, blue seats etc etc) is getting proven to be wrong

I wouldn't call it pathetic.  but like someone before me here said, a lot of this site is b****ing about Crede and Konerko, and dismissing anybody who even slightly supports either of those two.  I jokingly said "righty-lefty" match-up to Timo batting for Frank in a game thread, and said Timo's .191 average offsets that, and you still jump all over me.  so no talk about other people b****ing from you.

You were serious about it and you know it.