Official Draft Talk Thread

farmteam

Alright guys, quick question:

As many of you know, I'm head-over-heels for the NFL draft, as I spend countless hours with my notebook, online, etc. That said, I'm very familiar with consensus picks and such. I know Justin Upton is the consensus #1 as he has been compared to such can't-miss guys like ARod, Griffey, etc, but are there a consensus 2-5 or 2-10 this year? I'm really green when it comes to the MLB draft; what names am I going to look out for?

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 10:39 AM)
Alright guys, quick question:

As many of you know, I'm head-over-heels for the NFL draft, as I spend countless hours with my notebook, online, etc.  That said, I'm very familiar with consensus picks and such.  I know Justin Upton is the consensus #1 as he has been compared to such can't-miss guys like ARod, Griffey, etc, but are there a consensus 2-5 or 2-10 this year?  I'm really green when it comes to the MLB draft; what names am I going to look out for?

The Mariners could take any of 3 or 4 guys at #3, it's not clear yet. Signability starts playing a role in the 3-10 slots moreso, IMO, than the top 2 (generally)

Guest JimH

Will one poster who's listening post the 1st round as it goes along? I would do it but I'm in the midst of a conference call. Thank you!

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 10:55 AM)
Will one poster who's listening post the 1st round as it goes along?  I would do it but I'm in the midst of a conference call.  Thank you!

I'll see what I can do. I'll have a cumulative post after the first round with every pick.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
I'll see what I can do. I'll have a cumulative post after the first round with every pick.

Let's just do a thread for the first round, where one person (you, if you want to) updates who gets drafted. No commentary or anything, just updates.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 08:57 AM)
Yeah, Jim, I'll do my best.

Before it starts -- lots of people like Cliff Robinson, the UofI catcher, going to the Sox in round four or five?  Can anyone talk about him a little bit?  Good defensively?  Bad?  Power guy?  Plate discipline?

Good defensive catcher.

Dbacks should already have their pick in. Has it not started yet?

Fred Claire is one guy I'll actually listen to, he was a darn good GM with the Dodgers. Interestingly they are talking Clement at #3 to the Mariners. I'd be thrilled if that happened cause it could send Troy out of the top 10.