Sox @ Rockies 6/8/05 Game Thread

sox-r-us

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
I still don't understand why we would bench Crede against a lefty in Colorado.  He's been swinging pretty good lately, and he's obviously needed for his defense.  Maybe this performance tonight will show people that we can't count on Ozuna to fill in all season at 3B or SS.

What is there not to understand? Ozzie isn't big on having the best lineup in the finale of any series.

Duque and Ozuna just suck beyond belief. I've been saying this for a while now.....we're going to need a 5th starter again sooner rather than later. Every pitch Duque throws is he a weak fastball or a hanger in the zone (if he has his control).

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:00 PM)
WE DID NOT WANT PABLO OZUNA.

who would you like then?

my god i hate these gamethreads, all the worst posters seemt o be in here.

Me gawn.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:58 AM)
alright, here's the deal.

We all want crede benched.

Ozzie's seeing if ozuna can do the job.

It's an obvious negative.

If i hear one bad thing about ozzie putting him in I'm gonna scream, this is what you all wanted.

Some of the crazies on here might want Crede benched, but they know he is our only option at 3rd base. For anyone that thinks Ozuna can replace Uribe or Crede.....this is what you asked for.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 08:01 PM)
who would you like then?

my god i hate these gamethreads, all the worst posters seemt o be in here.

Me gawn.

leave then your still in the members browsing section be gone.

When you throw a 83 mph fastball, have a hanging curve, and no control.....how can you expect to consistently get batters out? Duque has looked pretty bad for a handful of starts in a row now. Instead of worrying about who we can get to replace Crede, we might want to worry about getting a 5th starter for the stretch run.

i want kenny williams to make a move and get us someone. i don't even care if mccarthy gets traded. it's just mindboggling these line ups ozzie puts out there. and then tonight when someone asks why ozzie make the line up ozzie will b**** like a little girl. he'll get all upset. but just like any hypocrite he will say "i don't care what anyone says" i see his moves as our only obstacle in making a serious run at the series.

Guest JimH

It's 4-3 going into the top of the 3rd. Is it possible you people can climb in off the ledge?

It was a bad inning, that's all. It will happen.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 08:03 PM)
keep it up, you'll be around long

just cause you have 7,000 posts doesnt mean you know everything about the sox, he posted his comment, how he felt, dont be so upset at sum1.

QUOTE(kman @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:05 PM)
just cause you have 7,000 posts doesnt mean you know everything about the sox, he posted his comment, how he felt, dont be so upset at sum1.

Exactly. You don't know everything about the Sox until you have 8000 posts.

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:03 PM)
i want kenny williams to make a move and get us someone.  i don't even care if mccarthy gets traded.  it's just mindboggling these line ups ozzie puts out there.  and then tonight when someone asks why ozzie make the line up ozzie will b**** like a little girl.  he'll get all upset.  but just like any hypocrite he will say "i don't care what anyone says"  i see his moves as our only obstacle in making a serious run at the series.

Ok, lets trade B-Mac for Vinny Castilla then. At least "somebody" will be happy. ;)

Here's the problem I have with Duque: Did anyone actually expect him to pitch well tonight? It's obvious that he doesn't have much left anymore. He's no longer getting out of the jams like he was earlier in the season.