Sox @ Rockies 6/8/05 Game Thread

sox-r-us

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH
Earlier in the game, according to Farmio, he got a pitch on the outside corner and tried hitting it to right, but was a little late.  On this out, Farmer said he got his pitch - just happened to hit it on the ground. Gameday showed the pitch as being center cut, so pulling it, for Konerko, seems like a reaonable approach.

Yes, it was inner half. Konerko is baffled by this guy though.

Guest JimH
Hawk a little too excited for the end of that inning there.

He promised one of the emailers he would use the old phrase "grab some bench" after a K, that's why he ramped it up.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
Hawk a little too excited for the end of that inning there.

If you heard Hawk reading the email, he promised a woman he would say those exact words the next time Duke struck someone out.

Edit: Well looks like a few others were listening too. :chair

Guest JimH
Thanks, old timer.  It was a decent post, other than the misused words and minor grammar errors, which I'm willing to overlook.

I hope you read my post about my impression of you, smarmy 24 year old hot s*** wannabe grad student.

If not I'll be glad to dig it up for you.

Keep being a smartass, I'm right here to get in your face. You're on thin ice here, if I were you I wouldn't push it. If you want to add to the thread, do it. If you're here to take pot shots at people's word usage and grammar, get the f*** off the site and stay off the site.

I presume you get my point.

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)
The word reactionary means conservative, not "quick to react".

True enough. :notworthy At least my intention was understood, although poorly worded. I am now a more enlightened man. :D

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
At what point do we start saying that we might have to acquire a SS?  Uribe's offense has been worse than Crede's offense has been over the last month.

But Uribe's had extended hot streaks, so can reasonably expect another one at any point. When he gets hot, he's absolutely unstoppable.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
At what point do we start saying that we might have to acquire a SS?  Uribe's offense has been worse than Crede's offense has been over the last month.

10 million over 3 years says otherwise. Uribe's a streaky hitter, just gotta take the good with the bad.

I hope you read my post about my impression of you, smarmy 24 year old hot s***  wannabe grad student.

If not I'll be glad to dig it up for you.

Keep being a smartass, I'm right here to get in your face.  You're on thin ice here, if I were you I wouldn't push it.  If you want to add to the thread, do it.  If you're here to take pot shots at people's word usage and grammar, get the f*** off the site and stay off the site.

I presume you get my point.

Ornery, huh. Did your nurse not change your depends tonight, Gramps? If I misused a word I would want someone to point it out, so as I wouldn't make the mistake again. Perhaps you prefer to stick to the 12-15 words you already know?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 02:30 AM)
10 million over 3 years says otherwise. Uribe's a streaky hitter, just gotta take the good with the bad.

I agree, it was more just a rhetorical question summing up that Crede isn't the only one who deserves to be on the hot seat right now. I know this is usually southsideirish's favorite topic, but what the hell is Greg Walker doing? How long can you let certain players struggle before you try and change things?

Guest JimH
Ornery, huh.  Did your nurse not change your depends tonight, Gramps?  If I misused a word I would want someone to point it out, so as I wouldn't make the mistake again.  Perhaps you prefer to stick to the 12-15 words you already know?

You took that long to write that?

Go back to trying to impress all the other college students, that's more your speed.

I'm at the games all the time, smarmy 24 yr. old hot shot. I'd be more than happy to have you see how old I am and whether I wear depends.

Let me know, if you can string the words together. Let's see if you can step out from behind the computer and the dictionary.