Joe Crede's Chewing Tobacco

103 mph screwball

I've noticed Crede with a big hunk of tobacco lately. I've never noticed that before. Nicotine is a stimulant and maybe it is helping him focus just a bit. He seems like a different player since coming off of the DL. Has anyone noticed anything new with is swing or anything. Maybe Joe just plays better with facial hair. He's always been clutch, maybe being in a closer race has kicked him in a higher level of intensity. He seems to have a different attitude. He used to seem like he went to the plate with body language that he was not confident. Now he kinda looks like he's gonna kick somebody's ass. Keep it up Mr. Crede!

For you kids out there, tobacco is addictive. Don't start. It causes cancer. Seriously.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
Must. . . resist . . tasteless joke . . .  :P

come on, you know you can do it.

Slight disclaimer: I used chewing tobacco and "dip" for over 8 years. It was one of the toughest things to give up, but I have seen the mouth and throat cancer that comes from it. Dont start using it, because you might not be able to stop.

in regard to nicoteen, there is a psycologist who wrote a series of articles for a medical journal which suggested sigumond fruend smoked cigars to keep him in the "flow" of his tought process. according the leghton j reynolds, the stimulant nicotine allows the brain to continue in an intence mode of focus.

youd have to find the journals yourself and read them, as its been a long time for me.

however, i mean, side burns... tabbaco... or hard work...

yeah, your right.,... RALLY CREDE

i chew when im at work, and id have to baisedly say, it allows me to focus and get in a zone

but yeah kids, the stuff is not good and I WISH I COULD QUIT BUT I CANT

so please please please, for the good of your self, dont ever even consider trying it.

i tried it once and couldnt stop when i wanted to

QUOTE(hi8is @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)
i chew when im at work, and id have to baisedly say, it allows me to focus and get in a zone

but yeah kids, the stuff is not good and I WISH I COULD QUIT BUT I CANT

so please please please, for the good of your self, dont ever even consider trying it.

i tried it once and couldnt stop when i wanted to

I tried it once as a kid and puked like I'd never puked before. Never tried it again.

Then again, if Joe f***ing Crede does it. . . [/sucker for peer pressure]

QUOTE(hi8is @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 11:41 AM)
in regard to nicoteen, there is a psycologist who wrote a series of articles for a medical journal which suggested sigumond fruend smoked cigars to keep him in the "flow" of his tought process. according the leghton j reynolds, the stimulant nicotine allows the brain to continue in an intence mode of focus.

youd have to find the journals yourself and read them, as its been a long time for me.

however, i mean, side burns... tabbaco... or hard work...

yeah, your right.,... RALLY CREDE

Freud also did blow like a man possessed.

That might have had something to do with it. :lol:

EDIT: Hats off to Sleepy, you beat me to it fair and square. :cheers

Edited by AddisonStSox

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 01:22 PM)
For the most part...though Wundt established the first psychology laboratory in Leipzig.

Yes Wilhelm Wundt established the first psych lab, but Freud was really the first to sit someone down in a chair turn his back to them and have them talk for an hour while he stared out a window.

He was really the first professional Phychologist.