Sox getting a Metra stop.

Steff

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 08:14 PM)
Here comes Cellville.

And with it the frat boys/trixies who know nothing about the games and are only there for the "USCF experience", and the in-house scalping service, and the sold-out games in September when the team is 15 games out of the playoff hunt, and.....

;)  :D

Did Maggs hit a homer?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
That's great news for you suburbanites.

Now maybe the CTA will get off it's ass and run more trains before and especially after games.

CTA is run by Cub fans. They only run more Red Line trains when the OTHER Chicago team is playing.

:D

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 11:16 PM)
No way to a parking garage. The one in St Louis is a nightmare.

And BTW.. the Sox don't own the parking lots.. they are ownd by a private group and leased to the ISA.  :ph34r:

steff- i dont agree on the parking lot situation. I went to a Cards game this summer, parked in the garage and was out of there in 5 minutes. It was beautiful. In fact I told my wife as we were leaving "I wish I could do this at US Cellular"

Maybe I caught it on a good day?

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 08:54 AM)
steff- i dont agree on the parking lot situation. I went to a Cards game this summer, parked in the garage and was out of there in 5 minutes. It was beautiful. In fact I told my wife as we were leaving "I wish I could do this at US Cellular"

Maybe I caught it on a good day?

Once, and you don't agree. Yea, you got lucky.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 08:14 PM)
Here comes Cellville.

And with it the frat boys/trixies who know nothing about the games and are only there for the "USCF experience", and the in-house scalping service, and the sold-out games in September when the team is 15 games out of the playoff hunt, and.....

;)  :D

Yep, I'd much rather keep it difficult for people to go to games. Development is a waste of time, I prefer places like Moe's Tavern and The Bucket of Blood there instead. After all, those kinds of businesses have done so much to bring revenue to the area and the team. I also don't want to see any new fans at the park. l'll take 15,000 'diehards' at every home game over a sell out full of newbies. With the years and years of success this team had had, why the Eff would anyone try something different?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 09:18 AM)
Yep, I'd much rather keep it difficult for people to go to games.  Development is a waste of time, I prefer places like Moe's Tavern and The Bucket of Blood there instead.  After all, those kinds of businesses have done so much to bring revenue to the area and the team.  I also don't want to see any new fans at the park.  l'll take 15,000 'diehards' at every home game over a sell out full of newbies.  With the years and years of success this team had had, why the Eff would anyone try something different?

I'm not saying that, all I'm saying is after years and years of playing up the "Cub fans only go to the games for the neighborhood and the ballpark" theory, Sox fans may end up in a similar situation.

Irony......Catch It!

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 10:56 AM)
I'm not saying that, all I'm saying is after years and years of playing up the "Cub fans only go to the games for the neighborhood and the ballpark" theory, Sox fans may end up in a similar situation.

Irony......Catch It!

I knew exactly what you meant, I was piling on. ;)