Official: Konerko Signs With White Sox

knightni

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 09:08 PM)
Of course you can find guys who make it, or there wouldn't be a big leagues.  And who called Gio a mediocre prospect?  I'm just looking at the odds of him succeeding vs. the benefit of acquiring Thome.

But don't worry there will be another mediocore pitching prospect to cream your pants over drafted soon...

Of course there's the issue of whether Thome's going to be completely healthy etc. but that's a totally different argument.

I'll just ask this question. On how many major league teams, would Gio Gonzalez be a top 5 prospect? That should tell you whether or not, he's mediocre.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 04:21 AM)
Of course there's the issue of whether Thome's going to be completely healthy etc. but that's a totally different argument.

I'll just ask this question. On how many major league teams, would Gio Gonzalez be a top 5 prospect? That should tell you whether or not, he's mediocre.

I never said he's mediocre.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 01:33 AM)
No more ridiculous than 'creaming' over an undersized Class A pitcher that can't seem to stay healthy.

I absolutely loved the trade and like I said I believe Gio is very hit or miss here, however Jeckle is basically dismissing him because he's a minor leaguer. Every single major leaguer had to be in the minors some time. If you don't think he's going to make it then that's absolutely fine and to be honest there is a good shot Gio never does make it but his reasoning behind it is ridiculous.

Actually I should of perhaps been more clear...

I refuse to put to much stock in someone who has never pitched above A ball... and I sure as heck aren't going to bash a trade for a superstar like Thome because some injury prone A ball kid that everyone here has a man crush on got traded for him...

and i'll be totally honest... I didn't think much of BMAC for the same reason... he had never really pitched above A ball... However he stepped up huge in Spring Training and changed alot of people's minds... However thats the exception and not the rule... Until Gio does that then i'm not going to get excited about him...

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Dec 3, 2005 -> 05:17 AM)
he had never really pitched above A ball... However he stepped up huge in Spring Training and changed alot of people's minds...

That is incorrect;

2004 - Low A - 8-5, 3.64 ERA

High A - 6-0, 2.48 ERA

AA - 3-1, 3.46 ERA