40 members have voted

1. 1. Where does the UT-USC Rose Bowl Game Rank in College Football

• Best Game Ever
    • Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 25
    • Doesn't even rank

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 08:50 AM)
What I think hurts the game was execution was not even close to perfect and you didn't have a classic great offense vs. great defense type story line.

It's very hard for any team in a bowl to have perfect execution, because they have so much time off inbetween their last game and the bowl game. That's why the first half was so off-kilter.

I'd disagree. USC was pretty bad defensively all game long, and really had nothing going offensively aside from their second drive and the entire second half. Pete Carroll didnt really do a great job of coaching either, especially on that 4th and 1-2. Bush had just started to get into some sort of rhythm running the ball, Texas's defense was starting to tire out, and instead of going to the outside with Bush, went inside with White...I thought that was just a dumb playcall, both before hand and in hindsight. That tends to bring up the question as to whether you go with the hot hand, or what got you to the point you're at. In a case like this, I'll take the latter...in some cases, I take the former. It's all moot at this point.

You gotta go with what's been working and LenDale White was running all over the 'Horns using that same play with a 365 lb. (yeah, maybe when he was 12) guard pulling. I think it was the right call considering the 'Horns LB speed and the disappearing act of Rod Wright. Michael Huff and the defense made the correct adjustment. The defense beat the offense on that play.

I haven't seen many National Championships, the oldest I remember is Miami vs. Nebraska in 2002. I was pulling for USC because I flat out don't like Vince Young. However, the way Young play that game was simply amazing. Lendell White also played a great game. It has to be one of the best National Championship games ever, not just for the plays but for the talent.

Edited by JimJab

This was really a great bowl season with some great games my personal favorite being from the deep south is WVA and Georgia. Where WVA went up 28 on UGA in what was a home game for the Dawgs, then see UGA come almost all the way back and the game being decided on a very gutsy fake punt.

Who the f*** cares. It was a great game and I'm glad I watched it... but I'm sick of ESPN trying to tell me that everything contemporary is the BEST EVER! like the USC dynasty or Kobe. College football has been going on for a long, long time and I think the eras are so different that it's pointless to debate the whole "BEST EVER!" thing.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 01:19 PM)
Maybe top 100...this game was overhyped, USC played 1 decent team all year as had Texas, then this game where 2 avg teams play each other, yet get all the hype.. Didn't live up to it.

Two average teams?

You're joking, right?

Three players in the game are almost guaranteed to go in the top 5, and you're looking at potentially 6-7 combined first rounders this year alone. They're a little above average.

And I consider Ohio State a little better than decent. They only won a BCS bowl, and thrashed a very solid and very well coached Notre Dame team.