Official High School Baseball Thread

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 06:48 PM)
Curious, do you know anyone on the Conant hockey team?  Cause we knocked them out of the state playoffs.

Personally no because they are younger than me, but they know my brother and some of them are on the baseball team, herzau, szenda

QUOTE(Nokona @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 09:09 PM)
im good friends with just about everyone on the team.

Their stud player was a dog on D, real talented, lit me up twice, but just did nothing when the puck wasnt on his stick. Fun game, but I don't think they expected to even have a close game. They did too much talking beforehand and not enough playing. They are however gonna be pretty solid next year if they can find a serviceable goalie.

Brooks beats Lincoln Park 11-10 scoring 7 runs in the bottom of the 7th. Helluva game, and I was glad to be a part of it. Thats our 2nd win in the last bat. Our first came against Thornridge the Friday before Spring Break.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)
Brooks beats Lincoln Park 11-10 scoring 7 runs in the bottom of the 7th. Helluva game, and I was glad to be a part of it. Thats our 2nd win in the last bat. Our first came against Thornridge the Friday before Spring Break.

Eigher these teams now are alittle weaker this year, or you guys had an off game, cuz Lincoln Park is one of the easiest teams to beat unless they've gotten better from their Soph (now Juniors) making the jump.

QUOTE(Fourofakind @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 08:14 PM)
Yes that would be Ranko indeed.  Our team got off to a rough start for our standards with 3 losses but this week we beat #4 Crown Point and #2 Lake Central, both handily.  This are defintely looking up.

Damn the DAC is stacked this year. Kick Valpo's ass when you play them this year.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 09:00 PM)
Eigher these teams now are alittle weaker this year, or you guys had an off game, cuz Lincoln Park is one of the easiest teams to beat unless they've gotten better from their Soph (now Juniors) making the jump.

We definitley had an off-game. Our pitchers gave up 7 in the first 2 innings. Although, coming in to the game, L.P. was 4-1 in conference, now 4-2.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 05:46 PM)
Their stud player was a dog on D, real talented, lit me up twice, but just did nothing when the puck wasnt on his stick.  Fun game, but I don't think they expected to even have a close game.  They did too much talking beforehand and not enough playing.  They are however gonna be pretty solid next year if they can find a serviceable goalie.

If he was tall, it was Herz. If not, Carc. The scariest thing about that team is that the two best hockey players in the school don't even play. One's busy with Team Illinois and will probably play Juniors next year. The other quit cause he broke his wrist last year or something.

QUOTE(Nokona @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 12:07 AM)
If he was tall, it was Herz. If not, Carc.  The scariest thing about that team is that the two best hockey players in the school don't even play.  One's busy with Team Illinois and will probably play Juniors next year.  The other quit cause he broke his wrist last year or something.

I'm looking at the scoresheet and I dont see either of those names, the kid I was talking about however is Connenna.

• 2 weeks later...

After today's win vs Lincoln Park, we are guaranteed at least a share of the conference championship. If Curie wins, we share the conference titile with them. If Curie loses, we are outright conference champs. GO GET EM HUBBARD!

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 31, 2006 -> 10:28 AM)
Softball season starts for me tomorrow :headbang

:headshake

Softball is:

A.) For girls.

B.) For guys who can't play baseball.

C.) Geezers who can't play baseball.

:headbang

Anyways, we lost to Jones in the 1st round of the state playoffs. But we got a good seed in the city and we play Prosser tomorrow.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 31, 2006 -> 03:32 PM)

Softball is:

A.) For girls.

Anyways, we lost to Jones in the 1st round of the state playoffs. But we got a good seed in the city and we play Prosser tomorrow.

I wouldn't go saying that too loud anywhere but on a computer... Its a good way to get your ass kicked by a lot of big dudes.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 31, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
I wouldn't go saying that too loud anywhere but on a computer... Its a good way to get your ass kicked by a lot of big dudes.

Big dudes who still can't play baseball... :P

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 31, 2006 -> 03:32 PM)

Softball is:

A.) For girls.

I played on a softball team that had 5 guys who played College baseball on it. Therefore your little A,B,C's of Softball are nothing but bunk.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 31, 2006 -> 03:41 PM)
I played on a softball team that had 5 guys who played College baseball on it. Therefore your little A,B,C's of Softball are nothing but bunk.

Softball is still for girls so A always applies.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 31, 2006 -> 03:43 PM)
Softball is still for girls so A always applies.

Take it easy on softball. The broken down, ex-high school football player, Al Bundy types need something to relive the glory days. Its not like southsider2k5 is playing soccer.......

Edited by MSHAWKS