8/25 Game Thread Sox vs. Twins

Wedge

I have tickets for tomorrow and Sunday. At this point, I really don't even want to go, because tomorrow they will lay down and die and Sunday Buehrle will probably piss all over himself on the mound....

This team is goddamn ridiculous....

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MSHAWKS @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 09:39 PM)
I wish the season were over today so I could quit wasting my f***ing time on this f***ing team.

This is the smartest quote I've read in this forum so far. If I could get myself to stop watching I would. I just downed my last bit of Pepto-Bismol.

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We let too many opportunities slip away. I guess no one should second-guess Ozzie for leaving his starters in too long from here on out. That bullpen can't get anybody out.

i am surprised he didnt use Jenks in the 9th. Torre wouldve probably used Mariano for 2 if needed in the same situation.

You know, I've said this before. I can handle losing when we have a poor or average team. But this s*** is infuriating. We play just good enough to lose. We give our pitchers leads, and they blow it. Our pitcher pitch their ass off and out hitters take the day off. The fielding blows it. Whatever. We should be batttling Detroit for the division right now, not struggling to hang on to the wild card. Maybe I'm spoiled from last year. But goddamn, someone needs to light a fire under these guys. It seems to me that every game we lose, someone lets me down. Jermaine Dye could have been a hero tonight, but nope, doesn't come through. Don't even get me started on Ozzie. I really wish I knew what goes on in the clubhouse. If he ever gets in anyone's face in there. I'm not talking about humiliating some kid on national TV. I mean telling the pitchers to get their collective heads out of their asses and start pitching like they should be. It's just really starting to get to me.

2 Things that really piss me off about this game.

Number one being another s***TY call by Cora sending the runner home to get thrown out yet again.

Number two is why the hell did Ozzie bring in our worse bullpen arm to face their best all around hitter?

Another thing that irks me is why the f*** do we keep getting beat by homers from guys who barely have warning track power.

GOD DAMNIT!

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)
Our season was just killed because our manager is an idiot. Tomorrow of course is a loss, then we'll be lucky to overcome the momentum on Sunday. I can't believe what I just saw.

Good to know that our season is over because of one game. Now am I missing something or are there thirty-odd games left?

You know, if you think the season is over, leave or relegate yourself to a thread dedicated to circlejerk pessimism.